View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 02:08 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: V a c a t i o n !

You got that right, Calli.

Funny you should mention size... lat night I was packing and selecting a couple Batik shirts to bring with me, as I have a speech to deliver on the 18th & I will attend church with my brother-in-laws family at least once and why wear a shirt & tie when I don't need to in that damn heat?

Anyhow, my batik shirts are handmade in Indonesia, several from my measurements taken by the craftsman that made them. I am officially XXXXXL (5XL) in Indonesia, where here in the US, depending on the brand, I am XL or 2XL. Mostly XLT (XL-Tall) if from LL Bean, Cabellas, Tractor Supply, etc., where I buy most of my work shirts.

But I am 5XL in Indonesia, and one of my batiks could stand to be 6XL if there's such a thing hahahahahahah.

Anyhow, while packing I got to thinking that I expect I will be gifted a couple more shirts before I leave, anyhow. I'll know when I get there if my wife's younger brother starts measuring me hahahaha.

Here is a pic of President Obama wearing a batik shirt at a function on his trip to Indonesia. Those patterns you see there are typical of the ones you see in Balli. I have one similar to the gentleman with the turban to the left.

Here is Hillary Clinton wearing batik at the same function. I favor the pattern she has on, and I have one similar to the gentleman on the left.