Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 06-27-2017, 09:45 AM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold
Default Hey Guys Check in What are you up to?

I miss hearing about road trips through New Hampshire, photos of same,
Wrench's photos of places of interest and FOOD! Noguru's life in the land of the Nord! Working on the woodpile for next winter, haying what is supposed to be a lawn....

You've got to be doing more than I am and I miss the mini adventures....HELP ME!
Old 06-27-2017, 08:30 PM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice
Default Re: Hey Guys Check in What are you up to?

Just cutting grass, chopping wood, well, using a splitter now, working on cars, and not giving a shit what day it is, unless I have a gig. Otherwise, I couldn't tell ya what day it is. Love this retirement stuff, shoulda done it years ago.

My Bride and I brought home 2 new bikes today. The first new bikes we've had, in almost 40 years of marriage! Plan on using those, and the canoe as much as possible before Old Man Winter blows his horn again.

What is everybody else up to?
Old 06-27-2017, 10:11 PM
Elite Member

lakelady has a spectacular aura aboutlakelady has a spectacular aura aboutlakelady has a spectacular aura about

Trying to raise a very active puppy and make some progress clearing out this house. And there is always the yard that needs attention. We've already had many days of high humidity and a lot of rain.
Sorry this isn't an upbeat post, but this is the 8th anniversary of my son's death and I'm just not feeling cheerful.
At any rate, I hope you are all enjoying spring and summer after what must have been a horrible winter.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:50 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

I'm sorry for your sad anniversary Lakelady!

I'm still commuting between Texas and Minnesota. Been working overtime every chance I get. I would love to share pictures again, but right now I'm only using my newfangled cell phone for internet access....and that just poses logistical problems for me in that regard.

I want to make it home to Texas after this upcoming holiday weekend....which for me is just a normal work week. Not much for holidays off in the aviation industry!

Sounds like Noguru is livin' the dream up there in The Great White North! I'd love to be able to hear a gig sometime!

I keep checking in here at the Coliseum and it seems too quiet lately. Stop that!
Old 06-28-2017, 03:44 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

Lakelady, it doesn't seem possible that is has been 8 years that your son left this earth. I clearly remember the heartache that those of us who posted with you felt at that time. Gentle hugs for you...

Now about that puppy...good luck with training. What fun...is he inclined to want to please you or is just too full of life to pay attention?

I have a Shetland Sheep dog who just turned 11 years old. I keep calling her puppy (don't want her to think OLD) Not too long ago I trained her to fall over dead when I point my finger and say, "Bang" Recently I've tried a new action...after "luvving on her and messing up her coat" she looks really unkempt. However, a good shake and every hair falls in place. So, I've taken to waiting the approximate time it takes her to get ready to shake and I command, "Shake girl" she shakes for natural causes and gets a treat. She does high five, sits and puts her paws up when asked, "Can you be beautiful?"
I really enjoy her antics...especially in the morning when I ask, "Are you ready? (This means she us going to chase a laser light around the house) She gets so excited, barks and hops backwards toward the family room and does her "doggie cartwheel" in anticipation. Sorry, I could go on even more...I just find her to be such fun....Sheltie Shenanigans make me happy.

Wrench is there any hope for finding work in Texas again? This must be a very trying situation for you and your family. Do you ever get to see your son(s) (Sorry is it one or two?)
Old 06-28-2017, 05:31 PM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

I have been doing a lot around the homestead lately. Getting gardens back into shape, etc. This is really my first summer in many years working a (more or less) 40 hour week.

Been doing some photo things, I really should post some, I've taken a couple that I am rather proud of.

Except I was up on Evan's Notch Rd last Sunday and what do you know, I take a couple pics and put my camera on the floor in the back seat... just in time for 2 bears to come out in the road in front of me! Damn! hahahahahah wouldn't ya know it. Had had the damn thing on my lap for 5 hours and 150 miles.

Anyways, I am taking a week off next week, already have a hotel booked for 2 nights in mid-Vermont. Plan to go to the north 1 day and south the next and take a different path home on the 4th of July. Gonna get me some pics.

Kids are coming here in another week or so, for a week or so. That will be fun.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:08 PM
Elite Member

lakelady has a spectacular aura aboutlakelady has a spectacular aura aboutlakelady has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calli View Post
Lakelady, it doesn't seem possible that is has been 8 years that your son left this earth. I clearly remember the heartache that those of us who posted with you felt at that time. Gentle hugs for you...

Now about that puppy...good luck with training. What fun...is he inclined to want to please you or is just too full of life to pay attention?

I have a Shetland Sheep dog who just turned 11 years old. I keep calling her puppy (don't want her to think OLD) Not too long ago I trained her to fall over dead when I point my finger and say, "Bang" Recently I've tried a new action...after "luvving on her and messing up her coat" she looks really unkempt. However, a good shake and every hair falls in place. So, I've taken to waiting the approximate time it takes her to get ready to shake and I command, "Shake girl" she shakes for natural causes and gets a treat. She does high five, sits and puts her paws up when asked, "Can you be beautiful?"
I really enjoy her antics...especially in the morning when I ask, "Are you ready? (This means she us going to chase a laser light around the house) She gets so excited, barks and hops backwards toward the family room and does her "doggie cartwheel" in anticipation. Sorry, I could go on even more...I just find her to be such fun....Sheltie Shenanigans make me happy.

Wrench is there any hope for finding work in Texas again? This must be a very trying situation for you and your family. Do you ever get to see your son(s) (Sorry is it one or two?)
Thank you, Callie. Sometimes it seems like a long time, other times it is so fresh. Life goes on, in some form or another and every so often he sends me a sign.
Max the puppy is a rescue from a Humane Society and mom is a Golden Retriever, dad is unknown. He is so goofy and full of himself and really could not care less about pleasing us. He does adore his human dad, and will now and then listen to him. Doggie boot camp or obedience classes are definitely in his future. I love your stories about your Sheltie - she sounds like so much fun.
Wrench, I'm sorry you have to work away from home. My son was in aviation and left a regular job to become a contractor in Florida. One of his friends here tried to retire to Arkansas but has been unable to sell his property here and has had to return to aviation work in Arizona. It is such tough work and I know how physically demanding and debilitating it is.
Stray, I hope your summer is relaxing and full of picture taking opportunities. I would love to take a trip back there, but my friend in Maine moved to Florida and everyone else I used to know is no longer around.
Noguru, that sucks! I'm sorry your foot is mangled and hope it heals. I don't know why people don't control their dogs and hate that they will now be put down. At least find a rescue for them.
I'm not here as often as I should be, but am on Facebook, for anyone that wants to join me there leave me a message here and I'll give you the secret password.