Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 08-24-2017, 09:49 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hey Guys Check in What are you up to?

"Sounds" like you're doing it up good, Calli.

I got some things I need to get at before the cold weather gets here. Not the least of which is install my new furnace, which I plan to start on Labor Day week.

Meanwhile, been getting some brush cutting done that I been putting off for a couple years. Should have done it then, before I added a couple more years age LOL.

Tonight I have plans to go pick some elderberries, enough for 2 batches of jelly. Hoping it's a good crop this year, sometimes it's tough going gettin' enough for 6+ cups juice.

If I spy a handy crabapple tree gonna get some of them also. Get everything juiced and in the freezer for when I get time to make jelly, well one batch worth in my freezer, I give my mom enough for a batch every year. She's beyond her picking years, but still likes to make jelly when my sister visits from Seattle in Oct.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:09 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

That is a dear thing to do, give mom the fixin's for making the jelly.

You are so right about getting things done before you get another year older.
Can't do half what I used to do and that was everything. Shingling a roof, painting the house, food and flower gardens...now I have to plan, point and pay.

I've been very fortunate to get good people who have an excellent work ethic and take pride in their work. After three weeks of 4 days a week our contractor is done for this first wave. It will be great to sleep in tomorrow...this up at 8 AM could do a retired old body harm!

Not only does he do good work, but he brought us fresh corn, zucchini, cucumbers and green beans....we kept him hydrated an had fresh fruit bowls for his morning break. Symbiotic!
Old 08-24-2017, 08:39 PM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

Hey Wrench! You still in Minnie?

Be safe if your in the way of that storm man!
Old 08-27-2017, 01:48 PM

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

`
Best wishes for you and your family, Wrench.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:30 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

Thanx! Yup...I'm in Minnie. I was just home in Texas and cut my stay short due to the impending weather. I had planned on flying back north on Friday but decided if I didn't go Thursday I'd get stuck there and miss a week of work. Good thing I did that! The missus wanted to fly up to Boston on Friday and now she's stuck in Texas. So far things are ok at our house, but there is a lot of extremely serious flooding all around!
Old 08-28-2017, 07:02 AM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

Oh, Wrench so good to hear that you and yours are okay. Keep us posted and stay safe.

I have an elderly cousin in Pearland....haven't been able to get through to her or her daughter. Very worried ... there are evacuations going on in their town.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:40 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

I'm sure they're alright. Many many people being evacuated to shelters. The Coast Guard is there in force. The zTexas Natl Guard is there. Local first responders are steppin up, and I saw that even the Cajun Navy just showed up. All helping move people to safety.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:11 AM

Hey Wrench. Still raining... here's hoping everything is still okay at your home.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:49 AM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

Glad you're safe Wrench!
Old 09-02-2017, 09:54 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Thax! The rain stopped. The next worry was large trees spontaneously falling due to the waterlogged soil. We dod have a tree fall in our back yard, but no damage from it. Still in Minnesota for the time being.