Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 09-08-2017, 09:26 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hey Guys Check in What are you up to?

With wildfires out west, Harvey and the havoc that he caused, Irma a CATASTROPHIC Hurricane Category 5 and the swath she's cutting, Jose in close pursuit currently Cat. 4, and Mexico suffering an 8.1 magnitude earthquake, you have to wonder when the locusts will arrive.

Thank God, the Donald went to Texas...he was captured talking with some volunteers, told them he was going over to another spot to give out some water and finished by saying, "You all have fun!"

He has declared St. Thomas a disaster area....whoopee, yah think? The Dutch and the French have relief workers in place already...but donald made a declaration.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:59 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

I'm sittin in the front yard of my rented house in rural Minnesota. It's a gorgeous day here today. I'm lookin' at Irma bearing down on Florida totally aghast. They have an article on CNN about people staying in the keys to ride out this storm. I can't believe anyone could be so stupid!
Old 09-09-2017, 09:35 PM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

A lot of Darwin awards given out during these events, unfortunately. Probably too much booze and grandiosity.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:44 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

It is sure gonna be interesting once it passes the Keys and we get some reporting of the damage. At this hour Irma is back to Cat 4 and bearing down on the Keys.

I am in contact with friends on the Fla west coast - Sarasota and Ft Meyers - and they are taking this serious.. at this hour they are in the crosshairs for landfall. They have moved a few miles inland... in the case of Sarasota, her house is 1 block from the beach and she fears the worse regarding storm surge.

My forecast: This ain't gonna be good.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:15 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Okay, so... here's my rant for the moment. Been watching it all night. Right now it's been windy in Miami but the stor is 200 miles away on the other side of the stae. Reporters are standing in the streets and there has not been enough wind to blow them into shelters. YET there is already 1/4 million without power! They ain't getting Cat 1 wind yet! Don't they prepare for this shit? What have they been doing?

Up here when some years ago our power was susceptible to icy and blown down tree branches we started a program of cutting back branches and trees from powerlines and it has been effective...
... what's the story down there that the power situation is already critical a half day before the hurricane hits anywhere in Fla, and in an area that ain't getting a direct hit anyways...?

Just a point to ponder.

Last edited by StrayStar; 09-10-2017 at 02:52 AM.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:36 AM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

Everything and everybody moves S*L*O*W*E*R* down south when it comes to precautions....
Old 09-25-2017, 09:39 AM
Elite Member

Thought I'd pass this along! Got an email from a quirky friend she ended it with;

Only 3 months and a couple of days until CHRISTMAS!

I needed that info... BAH, HUMMBUG
Old 09-25-2017, 11:28 AM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calli View Post
Thought I'd pass this along! Got an email from a quirky friend she ended it with;

Only 3 months and a couple of days until CHRISTMAS!

I needed that info... BAH, HUMMBUG
Around she goes again! If we're lucky that is. Going to turn cool end of the week. Enjoying this heat while it lasts!
Old 09-26-2017, 01:00 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

Kinda cool and gray in Minnesota today. Havin a beer at the Munie.
Old 09-30-2017, 05:10 AM
Elite Member

Switch flipped, just like that.

Summer/Fall, boom!

Time to clean the damn chimney!