Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 10-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all
Default Re: Hey Guys Check in What are you up to?

Gorgeous pix Stray!

This is starting into my third winter in Minnesota and I can honestly state that I HATE winter here. This place is cold and windy year round, but winters are horrible. I got used to the Houston climate. I'm back at the pain palace for more OT abuse. Headin' inside.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:09 AM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

Great photo Stray. Love the colours! Looks mighty peaceful.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:22 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Here's a pic I worked pretty hard for, had to go back 2 times before I was satisfied. This is on the border of Milton Mills, New hampshire, and Acton, Maine. That is the Salmon Falls River - same one that I live on, only 25 or so miles upriver.

Attached Images

Old 10-17-2017, 08:55 PM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

Beauty, nicely done!
Old 10-17-2017, 09:18 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

Fantastic, almost HYPER COLOR...great shot and fine work.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:47 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

Wow! You can get that printed on metal. I bet that would look really nice. Talk to someone in a photography shop about that....my brother does it.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:20 AM

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calli View Post
Fantastic, almost HYPER COLOR...great shot and fine work.
Thanks! I did go a little over the top with the post-processing. I wanted it to look like a postcard from back in the day.

I have another I am working on from up above another dam in Milton Mills, complete with gazebo and all... not coming out as nice as this one, I'll post it when I'm done. Have put it aside for the moment as I'm dicking around with some pics I took Sunday up north. Short attention span and all that...
Old 10-18-2017, 09:24 AM

Good idea, Wrench. I very seldon print things these days, but the place I get my 8x10's and larger done at do metal as well as canvas and other media.

I just may give the metal a try.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:34 AM

I took this one about 3 min down river from my house, off the bridge on Rte 202/11 between NH & ME, Salmon Falls River looking downstream. I live just a short ways upstream from this.

Attached Images

Old 10-23-2017, 09:00 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

Gorgeous....just the epitome of what it is about Fall that makes New England so SPECIAL. Great shot, Stray. Was this close to home or from one of your travels?