Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 01-27-2015, 02:28 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold
Cool Snowin' 'n' Blowin' ----> & Now: Damn Ice Dams, Dammit

Started snowing here around 1:15AM. Looked out at 1 and nothing, but when I went out to go to work it was just starting a few flakes.

Now it is blowing like hell. I think more blow than snow at this point. Already got a drift going up aginst the lobby door into this place, but pretty bare on the road & parking lot.

Next move is to see if they call off work today. Although I, and some of my elite crew, are already here and doing business.

Man on man, CNN & The Weather Channel are making a huge deal out of this. 1am before leaving for work I'm watching one of them and they have a live shot in Boston with a weather woman standing in a street that was pretty bare of snow, and she had the camerman focus in on a 6" snow drift up against the door of a business hahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 01-27-2015, 07:35 AM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice
Default Re: Snowin' 'n' Blowin'

They should all get academy awards for bullshit and puddy.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:38 AM
Elite Member

shelle39 is just really niceshelle39 is just really niceshelle39 is just really niceshelle39 is just really niceshelle39 is just really nice

Sounds like the forecast we get here. Prepare for a Blizzard, we get a dusting. We are only going to have a dusting, we have a blizzard with a foot and half of snow. LOL
Old 01-27-2015, 10:41 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

So ole buddy, how much did you get.

We are sitting with 3 feet actual and about 5' drifts.
Not a fun time....fortunately we still have power, some 20,000 souls are out of power mostly along the shore.

Boston and Worcester have been shut down, no schools, no road travel except for necessary personnel,( hospitals, police, firefighters) Mass pike was closed...they remembered the Blizzard of 78.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:06 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

We lived in Boston during the Blizzard of '78. I'll never forget that!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:03 AM

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

We got about 24" as of last night. However, between 8pm and when I went to work this morning at 4:30 another 6 to 8 fell. So a total of maybe 30 to 32 inches. Fluffy as hell, especially the stuff that fell over night.

My biggest drift at home is maybe 6 ft. Here at work I have one in the 8-10 ft range.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:47 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

I'm happy the snow was so fluffy! That kept the power on for ya!
Old 01-30-2015, 10:39 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

A little snow today, 2" or so, tomorrow more snow, Sunday and Monday 6 to 12" is forecast. I think I am heading for Texas or Arizona! Snow blower still in the shop, no call...need it Monday AM at the latest.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:13 AM

It has been snowing here for the last 24 hours or more. Just rolled into work and there is about 4 more inches in my tire tracks left from 5 pm yesterday. Since the main storm passed Wed. I've probably picked up another 10-12 inches.

Light & fluffy, though.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

We're taking a beating here today, supposed to be about 18" by the time it's done.

Had to happen I guess, it is winter.

Won't be long, and we'll be cutting grass again. And so it goes around.