Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 07-23-2016, 06:33 AM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold
Default Drought, Heat, Summer of 2016

It has been soooo HOT! Surrounded by woods, little rain, temperatures in the 90's crisp lawn underfoot, watering restrictions...what a MEAN JULY this has been.

We've had plenty of storm warnings, but nothing came of it in our immediate area. The storms have gone south and north of us. Yesterday, we had dark skies, heavy winds.....NO RAIN. Yet 5 miles away downpours, heavy winds, hail and trees down. Lucky we missed the destruction....could have used some of the rain.

So, how's it been in other parts of the world? Anyone else experiencing the awful heat and lack of relief?
Old 07-23-2016, 01:53 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all
Default Re: Drought, Heat, Summer of 2016

Been about 90 here in Minnie....and humid. People are freaking out over it. It's stormy today. I'm gettin' ready to head over to the pain palace, where inside they keep it at a frigid 62 degrees. Iunno why....
Old 07-23-2016, 02:47 PM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

We have had very little rain since May. The last time I mowed my lawn was around the 5th of July, and then it was just the low area down by the woods.

I just had a thunderstorm pass thru here, but it rained only a total of 5 min. Just enough so's to wet the EZ Up I need to take down... can't put it away wet so oh well, another day hahahahaha....

all week has been hot, yesterday the worse at almost 100. Today topped out at 90 before that short T-Storm came thru.

I've lived here on the river for 28 years now. It is lower than it has been in all that time. Earlier today I was looking at a fishing hole over on another stream, it is so low there the river isn't moving and it's stagnant.

1 more week before August & the proverbial "dog days".
Old 07-24-2016, 08:59 PM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

Hot and dry here. 2/10's today, 2 weeks ago, we got 3" in 2 days, but nothing for weeks prior. Don't miss not cutting grass. The well won't hold out much longer though and I'll have to buy water. Oh well, we'll be scraping frost off the windows in a couple of months, and round she goes.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:15 AM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

OMG, IT hit 100 AT 10 am yesterday. No sun at that time, heavy cloud cover, very humid....once again the rain went north & south of us. We are tinder dry and it is scary. I am surrounded on three sides by over 80 acres of forest. preserve. Seemed like a great thing when we bought the place.

Not so humid today, but who can function outside in this heat...New Englanders are not used to this.

Today is the fifth or sixth day of over 90 degrees, a real heat wave once your past three days. We've put out containers with water for the wild life
two bird baths, they all get refilled two times a day
Old 07-26-2016, 04:42 PM

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

I've used the last 2 hot evenings to clean out a corner of my celler. Fairly cool down there. Have a motorcycle way back in the corner I'm trying to get at.

Saturday evening we had a heck of a T-storm and downpour. But the rain only last about 5 min, welcome but not effective in lowering the overall fire danger, which is off the charts.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:13 AM
Elite Member

Couldn't sleep....one window open off the upper hallway....WHAT...I hear a steady gentle rain. THANK YOU MOTHER NATURE! Let's hope that it lasts a good long time. I have really been so afraid that one spark from a grill could set off a forest fire...with me in the middle.
Old 07-29-2016, 08:37 AM

That rain reached me a couple hours ago. It has been slow and fairly steady for the last couple hours, could use about 2 days of it.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:11 PM
Elite Member

Finally a soaking rain...the results, MUDDY BACKYARD, very wet hay field out front! A good rain, but maybe too little too late.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:02 AM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

2.5 inches of rain here.