Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 10-27-2016, 09:03 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold
Default Go CUBS!

Anyone here watching the World Series?

I have a friend in Illinois who has turned me into a Cubs fan. Caught part of last night's game. This team is so YOUNG! I said to my husband, they don't look old enough to vote. Contreras, their catcher is 24 years old and so flexible...he's like a frog. Arrietas pitched a no hit game going into the 6th inning...then threw his arm out. Kyle Schwarberg, 23, tore two tendons in his knee in the spring and wasn't expected back until next spring. He was put in the game got two RBI and ran two himself. Cubs 5 to Indians 1 ... World Series is tied 1 to 1~
GO CUBS!
Old 10-28-2016, 04:37 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all
Default Re: Go CUBS!

I don't watch sports, but if I was going to root for anyone it would be the Indians.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:13 AM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

I am not into sports much either. If it hadn't been for this long time friend in Illinois I wouldn't have paid much attention.

I used to love basketball and hockey...DH stopped taking me to games because I was too loud. He claims I pulled a guys hat down over his ears in a frenzy at a bad call. Hey REF is that number on your shirt your I.Q. (29)?

At one Hockey game we got to sit on the blue line...there was a remote TV camera to my right...that meant when they went up against the boards I could see all the shenanigans. I would have missed them otherwise. DH switched places with me so that home goal would be away from his hearing. I used to get really excited! I've mellowed a lot with age...plus I've learned so many more expletives I don't need to shout to get the idea across!
Old 10-30-2016, 11:30 AM
Elite Member

thebigk has a spectacular aura aboutthebigk has a spectacular aura aboutthebigk has a spectacular aura about

the cubs vs the indians.......lets face it,no one gives a shit
Old 10-30-2016, 02:37 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

I grew up in the Cleveland area. I never did care about sports, or watching men I've never met and never will meet chasing after a ball. My grandfather was a huge Indians fan and I remember he always had an Indians game on the TV or the radio.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:18 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Old 11-03-2016, 03:34 PM
Elite Member

Thanks, Cuz. It was a good game....The Indians gave us a run for the money.