Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 07-27-2012, 12:29 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold
Question How do I Post a YouTube Video here at The Bard's "World Famous!" Coliseumô ???

Okay, this is my first attempt at adding BBCode to the forum, so it's a tad crude at the moment. I had to do it while the Bard was asleep because he would stress out at the thought of someone foolin' with the workin' parts

Anyhow, this is just a first pass, to get it running (and see if I can do it...). I will be making some refinements in the near future, such as a button on the edit page (posting page) so you don't have to type the code in, and so forth...
Here is how you post a video from YouTube. It's really very simple.

The tags are [ youtube ] and [ /youtube ] (no spaces in there, though)

You need only the part of the youtube address that is in red below:

http://youtu.be/WIGSC1MXjCI

So, all you need to do to post the above video is to post this (with no spaces, I got them so you can see the code)

[ youtube ] WIGSC1MXjCI [ /youtube ]

The result should give you this:

Enjoy!
Old 07-27-2012, 05:32 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all
Default Re: How do I Post a YouTube Video here at The Bard's "World Famous!" Coliseumô ???

Let's see if this works.

Last edited by Wrenchbender; 07-27-2012 at 05:42 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:45 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all
Default Re: How do I Post a YouTube Video here at The Bard's "World Famous!" Coliseumô ???

Hmmm, I tried posting a video from youtube and it didn't work. I tried several different ways and nothing. I followed your directions and inserted your red letter quote and that worked fine. I noticed your original example left out the ".com" and a slash or sumpin', and I'm wonderin' if therein lies the problem....?

Old 07-27-2012, 05:47 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Old 07-27-2012, 05:49 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

I figured it out. Just use the part of the URL after "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" and you're golden!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:03 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Gonna try again to make sure it really works. Pretty easy once you get the hang of it!

Old 07-27-2012, 07:02 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, if you copy the whole URL you see in your address bar it will look different than the one YouTube gives you if you click "Share" on the video.

The part of the address that this has you use is unique to the video, but common to both.

I'm still learning my way through this stuff....
Old 07-27-2012, 11:25 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Bard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond repute

StrayStar
Quote:
Okay, this is my first attempt at adding BBCode to the forum, so it's a tad crude at the moment. I had to do it while the Bard was asleep because he would stress out at the thought of someone foolin' with the workin' parts

It is the bulk of a life lived, that defines a man, not merely
a chapter, moment, nor day.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Elite Member

paleryder is a glorious beacon of lightpaleryder is a glorious beacon of lightpaleryder is a glorious beacon of lightpaleryder is a glorious beacon of lightpaleryder is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 08-27-2012, 07:13 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Bard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond repute

It is the bulk of a life lived, that defines a man, not merely
a chapter, moment, nor day.