Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 08-25-2016, 08:46 AM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Drought, Heat, Summer of 2016

His RHETORICis a sign of mental deficiency.

He runs his mouth before he puts his brain in gear!
Old 08-31-2016, 08:29 AM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

Back to the drought....

Our yardmen are determined to make money....they MOWED DIRT THIS WEEK. They brought my wrath down on them. In what little Spanish I know, I threatened their manhood if they threw dirt on my deck and outdoor furniture again! The only thing growing around here that needs tending are weeds....there weren't even any of them in the area they mowed. LOCO!
Old 09-02-2016, 06:58 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Was teaching my grandson to fish this past weekend out in front of the house. Been living here since June 1988. The river is at the lowest point it has ever been in all that time. By far. Recalling conversations I had with my former neighbor Ernie (RIP), who lived there since 1946, regarding river flooding and summer low marks, I suspect it never got this low since at least '46.

BTW, grandson caught his 1st fish last weekend
Old 09-02-2016, 07:10 AM
Elite Member

Sorry about the level of the river. I do hope the Powers that Be. smile on us with some decent rain soon. This is getting more worrisome by the day. Late last night I heard some fool shooting of fireworks...great with this drought and all the woods one spark will be all it takes.

Fantastic,your Grandson caught his first fish and you were there. That's a memory for both of you. You may have to explain later on the difference between "Catching" & "Fishing" if he has a bad day!
Old 09-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Elite Member

Good grief, Hermine is whipping along the coast and we are expected to get 3/10 of an inch of rain inland. How dry I am!!
Old 09-06-2016, 12:43 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

I just finished up my second OT night at the pain palace and I'm now snuggled safely into my hovel here in Minneapolis. It's two forty in the morning and a storm is just beginning, with thunder and lightning and rain pelting on my window. I wish I could send my rain your way! In the meantime, I'll hoist a whiskey for you.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Elite Member

We did get rain, don't think it's near enough considering how terribly dry it's been. But it's better than nothing that for sure. It's cloudy today and there is no wind...this is good it will give the plants and leaves on the trees a chance to absorb the moisture. We could use a couple more days of a steady, easy rain...but I'm feeling some better.

Now to finish all the projects before bad weather. New roof should be installed middle of month, followed by heat tapes on the eaves and in the gutters and downspouts. We're having the railings wire brushed, Rust-O-leum(ed) and then final color ...then some minor stone work repair and sealing the exterior mortar and stone. DONE til spring!
Old 09-08-2016, 08:40 PM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

We were fortunate to get some really good rain in August.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:04 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Just to catch up on things...

Sunday we got a terrific T-storm and HEAVY rain... for about 15 minutes. No more rain in sight for the rest of the week.

I did make a (perfect) batch of Elderberry jelly. I am working out a low sugar apple cider & elderberry blend. Havn't yet tried making it yet, if I am wrong it will severly cripple my supply of Elderberry juice.

I finished painting the bedroom and as an added bonus I painted the bathroom as well. My wife expressed her gratitude, but without drawing another breath she said, "When will you do the kitchen?".

I have ordered a new lens in time for foliage season. Cost me almost as much as the camera I'll be using it on. Hope it will arrive today Stay tuned for some (hopefully) good pics this fall.

Old 09-13-2016, 11:50 AM
Elite Member

Love the fall pictures you and Wrench have supplied in the past. Not rushing you or the season, but will look forward to sharing the joy.

Roof is done. Four man crew started at 7:30 AM, day started off in the 60's
unfortunately soon 90+ and humid. They didn't finish up until 6:45 PM...and they had two other men arrive to help with the horrendous cleanup. That's one long day for a human to be exposed to all that heat. No shade at all. I kept them supplied with iced tea and ice water...around 5 PM I brought out 4 zip lock bags of a variety of cookies. I figured they had their own lunch, but the calories would be needed.