Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 11-07-2016, 12:39 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold
Default Thanksgiving...what's the plan?

Wrench will you make it home for Thanksgiving or will you and the Missus be traveling?

Stray, will there be Turkey or something exotic? What's the tradition in your household?

Nog, have you already had your Thanksgiving? Was there a Turkey or did your relatives stay at home? LOL!!

Join in and tell us what the days festivities are like/

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it's good food, friends and family and no pressure for picking out the right present.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:16 PM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Thanksgiving...what's the plan?

At the moment I am planning to go south to Mobile for Thanksgiving. Been going every year for the last few. Driving again, so a little exploring on the way down and back is in order.

Looks to be a 2 turkey event again this year.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

I'm home in Texas right now. Made sure to make it home to VOTE!

My plans for T-giving aren't gelled yet. As luck would have it, I'm scheduled for a regular day off and I can actually make it home, so if there are seats open on a flight home I can do that. If no seats open, I might just stay and work OT at the pain palace.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:57 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

Ok, so the missus tells me she's going to Boston for T-giving. I would love to go there too, but it's an all day affair flying from Minnie to Chicago to Newark to Boston. It's exhausting, nerve racking, and leaves too much opportunity to get stuck somewhere as seats fill up with paying passengers....therefore I reckon I'll just stay at the pain palace and try to maintain some modest amount of income.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:53 AM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

Had a great t giving with family. Love me some turkey! Happy Happy to my American cousins!
Old 11-21-2016, 12:58 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

No family coming east until December. So for the first time ever I will order a Turkey Plate from Boston Market. Going to make DH's favorite sides and we will be thankful that we'll see our dear ones later in the year.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:23 PM
Elite Member

lakelady has a spectacular aura aboutlakelady has a spectacular aura aboutlakelady has a spectacular aura about

Nothing going on here. Family is too far away to visit and husband has to be at work at 3:00.
Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving filled with love and good food and drink.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:43 AM
Elite Member

Thanksgiving was lovely and angst free.

We didn't discuss politics or politicians.
We made plenty of gravy.
When the Tryptophan kicked in we took a nappy & woke up happy!
Our little dog got a share of turkey which made for a happy day.

Wrench where did you get your thanksgiving meal...pictures??

Any pictures of your gathering Stray?
Old 11-25-2016, 12:31 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

I spent the holiday at the pain palace. They had food from Boston Market with turkey and all the fixin's. I grabbed some ham and a fresh baked roll and made a ham sammich. It wasn't much to look at, but it tasted really good.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:47 PM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

I had a good Thanksgiving and a great week with the family. As a bonus I got to see my ex-father-in-law and an ex-brother-in-law for a bit Thanksgiving morning. Had some good times with them over the years, even though they've been "ex" since '79.

I got a few pics.

Right now I am bedding down for the night somewhere in the middle of Virginia, did around 800+ miles since 3 this morning.

On the road again about 4am...