Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 01-19-2018, 11:24 AM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hey Guys Check in What are you up to?

I can picture you with an 88 cent beer, in tropical clime wishing you were up in the snowy mountains of New Hampshire....where it is cool!!

I'm just messing around...I am one of the lucky ones, DH brought home some kind of wicked germ and although I have openly wished for DEATH these last 5 days I am still among the sick, achy, coughing, sneezing ALIVE people.

I do hope that none of you get the flu or this awful bug (keeps you in the john constantly)

Wrench, are you on serious antibiotics for this spider bite? It took my SIL forever to get over hers...she was finally put on a regimen of intravenous
antibiotics by the CDC.

How's it going uo in God's Country Cousin? Do you do any snowmobiling?
Old 01-19-2018, 09:02 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

Still recovering from the bite, but finished the pills. Don't care for that at all, but keepin a wary eye on it. Still bandaged and still draining, but slowly improving.

Nearly got trapped in Texas during the icepocalypse. Made it back to Minneberia in time for work...by the skin of my teeth.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:35 PM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

Feel better Calli. Lots going down with the nasty bug this year. So far, so good for moi. But now that I said that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calli View Post
I can picture you with an 88 cent beer, in tropical clime wishing you were up in the snowy mountains of New Hampshire....where it is cool!!

I'm just messing around...I am one of the lucky ones, DH brought home some kind of wicked germ and although I have openly wished for DEATH these last 5 days I am still among the sick, achy, coughing, sneezing ALIVE people.

I do hope that none of you get the flu or this awful bug (keeps you in the john constantly)

Wrench, are you on serious antibiotics for this spider bite? It took my SIL forever to get over hers...she was finally put on a regimen of intravenous
antibiotics by the CDC.

How's it going uo in God's Country Cousin? Do you do any snowmobiling?
Old 02-01-2018, 09:31 AM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Nog...finally out of the woods. It was an hellacious 14 days ....oh misery. We went out on Saturday, got hair cuts and groceries. Then back to the warmth of our shelter. Braved going out again yesterday....these excursions while necessary really wear us out.

Sun is shining, Pats are in good shape, Super Bowl in below freezing weather...this is when those guys REALLY EARN their money!

More snow coming...come on guys lets hear some FUN STUFF...What have you been up to....plowing, snow forts, ice dams, skiing, hiking???? How have you passed the winter.

Wrench, how are you doing, in particular that spider bite? Will you be having a brewski in some local watering hole watching THE GAME?
Old 02-01-2018, 10:23 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

Is The Game this Sunday? I'm scheduled to be at work. I'm sure they'll have it on the TV there tho.

We conducted a blizzard here last week. That wasn't much fun. It took me two days to shovel my car out. After I got it started, I discovered snow had blown into the engine compartment and clogged up the serpentine belt which promptly tore itself loose.

I did have a nice lunch yesterday. Burger and beer with a friend. I have some blackeyed peas soaking now...gonna cook those this afternoon.

I'm still slow and awkward trying to type on this newfangled charcoal briquette.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:46 PM
Elite Member

I have to admit that using my "Charcoal Briquette" had me flummoxed, it took me two days to find the darned asterisk. I needed it because I had changed my password for email on my computer. Darn they don't make it easy. I hate when a "Smart Phone" is smarter than me.

So COUSIN, up in God's country, what is your winter like? Are you going on adventures and taking photos? How about posting some pictures....always a treat.

Noguru, you got enough wood to see you through til April?
Old 02-02-2018, 01:17 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

How do you post pictures on here now? I used to use photobucket.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:01 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Well Calli, so far no damn ice dams. Been a cold one, though, as you surely know.

Sister is in town so I took Friday off to take a day-long drive about with her. Usually produces a few good pics but was cold and crappy and so we never stopped. However, we did take a more unusual southern route, rather than to the north or northwest to VT or up Maine way. Backroaded most all the way. Drove over to a diner in Hollis, NH - just the other side of Nashua, had breakfast then backroaded down to Ayer, Mass. After poking about a bit - Ayer looms large in my early-70's legend - cut across the old Ft Devens area to I495 and banged off a few miles down to RT 16 Milford area and backroaded down thru RI, stopping to poke about Burrilville a bit, then over to CT - Foxwoods - but didn't stop, then to Mohegan Sun, again just a place to backroad to, then up to Indian Ranch and Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg in Webster. By then it was getting towards dark so got on 395 to 290 & 495 and home by 8.

And so, on Saturday I drove over to Maine for a bit to check on 2 different sets of eagles, didn't see any, and finally took a few picks in Perkins Cove, Oqunquit. Here is one of them:
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2018, 06:21 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Wrench...

Since Photofuckit screwed it's long term members I bumped up the storage for this board a notch and you can post pics by clicking on the paperclip above for attachments and use the "Upload File from Computer" line and button. Use "Browse" button to find file you want.

I cleaned out some files from some long dead threads - mostly .gifs from years ago - no photos - to make a bit of space.

I have been posting my stuff that way for the last 6 months, even though I paid some ransom (NOT the $400/yr!) to keep my current photo links hot until at least Sept '18. After that all will be gone, as I will not pay another nickle to Photofuckit.

Anyways, we should be able to post a pic now and then here without running up against my storage limitations, I'm sure my hosting service will let me know LOL if we go over. The problem is Bard and others like Poodles, etc. used it quite a bit, so we already got a bunch stored, but i will not touch them.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:31 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

This is gonna take some practice...