Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > ~Poetry Pavilion~

Old 10-01-2010, 11:38 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Bard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Am Wind whispering

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooTheLooseScrew
I could quote the entire peace... It's extremely powerful Sir Bard. I'd love to hear it spoke'n... I've read it about 12 times now... I'm at work and shuffleing between the floor and my office... It's slow out there... But yes... this is inspirational spirit... and it flows so freely from your pen... I really am moved by the love and truth here... these are words one can trust in for life times to come...

It has been your expressions in all there variety that embraced me, they keep me learning and wanting to learn as a means of mastering my own... At times they are identical to my thoughts and my own writeing...at times they absolutely empower and invigerate... Other times they are so humbleing and warm...eclipseing my own...towering if you will in ways that showcase how honed and polished your expression is... I never considered myself a poet in the ways of traditional poetry, that of the deceased that is taught in fine institutions, but I see value in the dicipline of such greats... As I see value in the dicipline of your poetry, the honesty of your heart, and the patience that has produced some of the finest and most honorable words I have been privy...no...graced to absord, and first hand. It is a real privledge to have you to read, and to have to share my own words with Sir Bard, and I mean that from the all of my heart. Tho I am like a tornado of words in my expression, and a hurricane of voice, there is much I am learning from you. Not only in the art of writeing, but in the valiance produced by patience and kinship. Comming to read a piece like this, to me, is like stareing into a pristine mountain spring, watching my reflection as I draw to it to drink, and Tho I am parched... and I am Parched... I will not rush to quench the aches and pains of dehydration...for to do so would dishonor the selflessness of what is give'n, and would pass the moment far to quickly for me to receive the all of such a gift.
Thank you Sir Bard... For there is much you do not know you do for a man such as myself... I can only hope to repay you...and if not you... to simply give for what time I have left in this world, and hope it lands where it will do the most...

Selah

Quote:
Thank you Sir Bard... For there is much you do not know you do for a man such as myself... I can only hope to repay you...and if not you... to simply give for what time I have left in this world, and hope it lands where it will do the most...

Selah

I find myself without words,you did just pay me back, funny however
i feel it is I that owe you?

Not a poet you say? Oh my, what beauty you see not in your own earnesty and words, You leave me stunned, so few ever seem to understand, my heart, personhood, nor prose. Ah, the kinship indeed, that combines hearts
that are likeminded, with this bridge built out of truth, and sincere desire, to know our path we walk, and hopefully understand, the harsh terrain, that bloodies, & brutalises our visage in pasage. Lonely the path, few comrades
do we touch in heart in passing.

yes, If you show them your heart, all men of value will embrace it,
Will n ot talk of the mockery we invite,unfolding ourselves a a virgin flower in first bloom, tis better to steady our course on honesty, stripping ourselves naked of pride, ego our enemies of soul.

I shall close in thanking you, by relaying a short simple story.
At 16, driving my car, I had a flat, a nice man fixed my flat seeing my state
of not even knowing how to work the thingy, the word escapes me, how fitting that is, when done in sincereity, I offered him my thanks and offered to pay him in order to show my thankfullness, he narked 'Nope!
Just hekp the next fellow in need and well be evan.

Till just recently, I have bailed out of my car countless times to help push a stalled car,offer help, good samaritan stuff always remembring the kind gent who took time to aid me on my passage.

ill never repay the debt, thats as it should be, I keep my eye out on my brother, as my gracious look keeps an eye upon me.

No words, by any pen, have ever graced me as thine, nor have encouraged me, except the divine word of God, so there you have it.
Measure your worth and the weight of your pen, keeping that in mind with each stroke of ink you cast in humility, because the gift, is just that
a grace stroke of God, imparted to men, to bind us togeather as we soldier on to glory, leaving a blazed path and legacy of love in our past....

Your brother & friend ....

Rodney

It is the bulk of a life lived, that defines a man, not merely
a chapter, moment, nor day.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:17 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Bard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond repute

Demons In Flight Midnight
by Rodney Evan Bohen
Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Demons In Flight Midnight

Demons in flight make dark bright night
Coming to strangle my yes, precious lite
I've danced on your battlefields I know you by name
I stood against you in warfare, when the lightning did rain
Though others no not, I know you by name

Demons in flight darken bright night
They lay in await, to steal my breath so light lite
Dare you steal what's mine, I thunder in the night
My might yea, you shall know this knight
Though in heap lay a thousand dead at my left side, it shall draw not nigh, unto me nor mine

Warriors of old, remember my name
Before you were, I was in the way long
I am time whispering, I'm wind in the way
In sunlight I'm radiance cast dancing in dark day
I'm the bird song on a high night hill

I am daylight at dawn, I'm the eye of the sparrow
I'm darkness at dawn, think well who you seek
To destroy in the night, for the tides turn at midnight, on this your night flight
Think well your pursuit into another's man's domain
For lifebreath, breeds warriors, gladiators of doom

Yea life, who shall steal mine I roar
Dare you, I think not, if so wage your war
For I stood as conqueror on many battlefield of old
My name does in blood seep into ancient ground soiled untold
Know well your opponent, whom you seek to slay

For the tide turns at midnight yes, on this very day
You seek still the young lad you tormented once much
But now stands a warrior with thunder of touch
For I fly high at midnight this day to reclaim
All that was stolen, on that sorry black damned bathed day

You battled a lad, I stand now full grown
Both warrior and legend, sown in both hands
A seasoned gladiator I be of renown, but freedom awaits me at midnight this day
Care to dance with a prince, you paupers of black
Feel my wrath of sword upon your back

Retreat is your name boldness sparkling is mine
I await midnight, my sword burning hot bright
You hordes of barbarians swarthy in stance
Hold firm your power tonight we dance
Handle well your weapons for mine are of might

Demons in flight upon midnight this night
They come for me, smears of darkness swirling in cloud forms
Seeking me, I stand here awaiting the challenge adorned
But know this I am seasoned, art of war my name, desert fury I remain
I shall await you this night midnight, as I glisten as the moons rain

Old 10-04-2010, 04:40 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

"The Swing"
A collection of letters centering on
childhood and my best childhood friend Ted.
i never published, this collection
I also have two other collections
One entitled "Letters to Blue" and 'Letters to Dorian."
"Letters to Carla" being the only collection I published.

I grew up on a dead end street, where the park was
our neighborhood of children had a grand park back yard
I drive by it everytime I go to one of my Drs which is very near there
it holds my childhood, and the ball park where I played little league
Grand memories.

Letters To Ted # 16 3-16-2002

The Swing

My Friend Ted,

Where lies indeed the contentment of heart that man so hastily pursues, likened unto the wild ass of the desert in search for water? Does the secret indeed lie in the rear view mirror of our past as we look back in fond remembrance, perhaps realizing that we left things of great value behind us, strewn about as clothes painting a child's room of youth?

Or does in fact the age old question of happiness that has depicted man’s quest from the early ages on, lie directly beneath our feet buried on the ground and terrain where we stand in today? Or does indeed the epitome and ideal of true happiness stand tall before us awaiting us with open arms, as we indeed step into the dawn of tomorrow's wonder, blazed in unsurpassed splendor?

There has been as much speculation formed throughout time passing, as there has been numerous philosophical stances taken as well as offered up to the hungry dinner guest indeed, concerning these questions of old.

Yes, can our dreams fulfilled be resurrected by dancing through the hazy mist of the past now dimmed? Yes, often a piece of ourselves has been left behind of great importance, wherein one can never walk fully clothed in today, without first retrieving that which was discarded in yesterday. But one must in well contemplated thought filled observance, be cognizant of today, before he indeed goes aimlessly stumbling through his yesterday’s doors of both wonder and horror alike!

A thinking man as well must be contemplating the ramifications of today's actions, as weighed against the journey of tomorrow! So where indeed does that leave the weary sojourner so earnestly seeking his breath’s desire of heart, and dreams not yet realized? Do we indeed straddle three differing time zones, regions and realms, in the very breath we now do inhale? I think yes! For the man on a journey into the morrow, who casts not a thought for today, is indeed a fool walking and parading in a deep state of blindness. As well as the man who lives, abides, and dwells only in yesterday’s bliss, not being aware of the wonders and magic of the present day now unfolding is equally blind in my estimation. And yes, the man solely focused on the morrow, with no reverence for the past nor present wherein he now stands, is equally dwarfed in mental alertness and perhaps cranial capacity as well.

So where indeed does that leave the sincere simple, searching soul, who truly merely desires to be fulfilled in splendor and enrichment in his life's walk and journey?

Might we intake visually if you please, the child in the park, swinging on a swing, oh yes we have all been there before? We, as we swing, look forward, as well as utilizing our peripheral vision, as well are always taking in what lies to the side of us also. And inevitably, without knowing why, we are instinctively drawn every so often to just take a big peek behind us as well. Yes, the wise child and full grown adult alike, occasionally always look back! Why you ask? Obviously the child wants to observe where his shadow has gone, as well wonders if something of value has perhaps flown out of his pocket, due to the swinging action he is presently engaged in. While the adult, deprived now of childish fearlessness looks back in order to see if his shadow as well as age is overcoming him indeed. But yes, we all look back. That is if we’re wondrous, curious, cautious, or all three.

Alas, the mystery of life itself that sweeps and carries our minds upon differing terrain daily, we yes swing forward, then backwards, and then there is a place in-between called today! When it appears, you’re not going forward nor backward. But that moment is short lived indeed. For indeed our yesterday’s always remain with us, yes lingering on the forefront of our minds as well as hearts, as well man is always equally pressed by the excitement or dread that the morrow may bring and unfold. Yes, often we are so consumed, and taken with both realms and regions, that our today slips by unnoticed in the blink of an eye, hence rendering it now yesterday.

So where indeed should the prudent man reside Doctor Rodney, you ask? One must live in today, covered in excellence, while he always remains aware and cognizant of his yesterdays! That is what our shadow is all about! To remind us from whence we came, and to remind us of whom we once were! And after we have assessed both our character and heart resting in yesterday’s sun, as well as comparing it to the heart and character we view today, riding on the landscape of the present and now.

We then indeed in full heart, and in childlike anticipation, invite, welcome and look to the morrow, where the new sunrise unfolds, representing more in excellence than today or yesterday mixed together could ever have offered. Yes, my friend all that yesterday could not afford nor offer us rests in today! And all that today cheated us out of, for whatever reason, lies awaiting us in the morrow’s dawn, if only we maintain that glimmer of hope!

For indeed all of our yesterdays that started as our today’s, march in a defined sense of progressive order, intended and designed to usher us into a tomorrow laced in beauty as well as enchantment, not ever witnessed nor tasted prior in time.

So may we ride high and tall in wisdom this day my friend, with our eye intently focused on yesterday’s beauty and disappointments alike, while our feet our planted firmly in today, as our hearts planted in childlike anticipation and wonderment, in search of richer fulfillment of heart, yes roam and wander into tomorrow yet unborn.

I now bid you good day,
Rodney