Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 11-15-2013, 02:04 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold
Default " ... but rather the noble desire and passion we exercised in our attempt!"

The Dream-Chaser

Yes, when we were children we all had them! Dreams ambitions, quests and goals, they were what propelled us into the day next imbued in excitement, expectation and passion.

I have noticed over the years finding few exceptions, that many of these dreams dripping in noble aspiration and desire merely melt around us in time, often as we make that dramatic sweeping transition into adulthood, yes, we put on our new suit of maturity embedded in reasonable prudent and common sense, while we allow the dreams of our childhood to just die upon the vine.

Often we are instructed and admonished to do so by those we deem bright, and respect entirely, our teachers family and the such, yet I for one stand fully persuaded that often the dreams, passions and goals left behind in our youth, deemed as childish only, perhaps were never meant to be left behind at all!

Why? Because passion rides saddled upon the dreams of our heart yet unearthed, yes, passion and dreams walk about hand in hand, therefore often when we dismiss, excuse, and turn our back on our dreams, we as well leave passion behind only to be viewed in the rear view mirror of our heart from that day forward.

My entire life I have heard many state that they aspired to this, or desired to do that! But... but what I ask? Why indeed do we turn our back on our most passionate drive of heart, at the first site of a dream-stealer who advises us against?

Yes, their remain two differing types of advice givers I dare say, the dream-stealers, those who make us feel foolish for our dreams and ambitions, as well as the dream promoters, yes, my kind of folk, that simply always adjure one at all cost, to merely follow their heart's passion and dreams yet undone.

Surely it goes without saying that my mentors indeed consist only of the category of the later, yes the dream promoters, for surely the dream-stealers have already impacted my life when quite young.

There remain many who suggest and advocate centering our lives and career pursuits about what remains stable, concrete, and financially prudent, but I say this day, that following and chasing the gold coin shall never usher in even the smallest modicum of true satisfaction when that last curtain drops.

I was made to feel a tad foolish for my dreams of youth, having those closest to me deeming them foolish, childlike and lacking true structure and base, so as many, I just tucked these pursuits of passion away in a nice tidy little box, and vaulted them within the deepest recesses of my heart for most of my entire lifetime.

I accomplished and attained a certain modest status of sorts I imagine you could say, insofar as my ability to capture and seize the gold coin of hope and happiness, yet when approaching my mid forties, a gray cloud indeed began to cast itself in sad darkness over the very essence of my soul.

I knew instantly why the dry stagnate air of discontentment had suddenly seized me in such dramatic fashion and form, oh yes, I knew why, as I suspected as well all along, that their might be a price indeed to pay for leaving my youthful dreams and passions behind.

What I didn't know in complete revelation however, was that such a misstep in judgment and course in life could leave one so isolated, sad, and emptied of all color and passion.

I felt surely at forty-seven years old however that change was too late to find me now, and sadly passion I felt had dismissed itself from my world entirely, or had it?

I began to consider the two dreams I once had as a youth shining in passion, brilliance and glimmering hope, yes, I had wanted to sing professionally, and had trained seriously for years as well, and yet, it was not likely that I should experience the grand and sensational comeback that Tony Bennett experienced at sixty-eight years of age or so due to MTV! No, I was bright enough to know, few want to see an aged singer reveal his heart in song.

There was, however, one other dream always close to my heart, yes, to write! Alas, what a price there would be to pay upon merely making such a disclosure I thought. I was right of course, few believed, most laughed, and nearly all felt me unstable in making such a drastic career change. I nevertheless could no longer turn my back on the passion of my heart! yes indeed there was a price to pay, actually I lost everything! And yet, I found something quite important once again as well, yes, passion!

Passion that once stirred my heart as a youngster began to flow warm in my veins once more, my mind became swept and stirred afresh and anew, a completeness of sorts overtook my entire being I dare say, for yes, I finally was walking in the dream of my youth.

Some might say, yes Rodney, but how successful are you at your new venture? I say this in response, that success has little to do with the mark we make upon mankind, but rather the noble desire and passion we exercised in our attempt! To my way of thinking, it is not if we finish the race, but rather that we entered at all!

Our success as people is not contingent upon the acclaim we receive, nor if we finished the race as first second or third place, but rather, what marks us in excellence, is the measure and color of passion and sincerity we exercised in our attempt!

Our acclaim when all is said and done, shall not be determined by how successful we become according to the perception of others, but rather our reward remains this, that we ran the race according to the dictates and passion of our hearts.

So many, I state this day in such sadness, have traipsed through life stating, yes, I wanted always to do this! But you know how it is, it just was not a realistic dream nor reasonable ambition, but I declare this rather this day, that there remains no dream more noble to pursue, than the one that once lingered upon the breastplate of our heart in youth.

May you rediscover yours today...

Peace,
Rodney Evan Bohen

It is the bulk of a life lived, that defines a man, not merely
a chapter, moment, nor day.

Old 11-15-2013, 02:42 AM

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold
Default " ...for yes, I finally was walking in the dream of my youth."

From "The Dream Chaser"...
"Passion that once stirred my heart as a youngster began to flow warm in my veins once more,
my mind became swept and stirred afresh and anew, a completeness of sorts overtook my entire being I dare say,
for yes, I finally was walking in the dream of my youth."
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrella View Post

Speaking of his poetry, here's one I just discovered written when he was sixteen years old.
One Lovely Flower

One lovely flower in the midst of a desolate meadow
Exciting the world with its splendor,
Its beauty unmatched by any flower in existence.
But the flower's days are numbered.
Before long the winds will blow
And the rains shall fall from the sky above,
The ground will tremble, the winds will uproot,
the rains shall wash away
And the flower of the meadow--its beauty and splendor--shall be no longer.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:52 AM

Default "I once roamed as a stallion, On painted desert land... "

Boxcars & Highways

Boxcars & highways
Seduced me when young
Now windows & memories
My world is at hand

A glimpse of yesterday
A taste of today
A glimmering tune
Sounding so far away

I once climed high mountains
Skipped across sea
Yet today I watch raindrops
Who dance just for me

Time passing in leaps
Sunsets grandstanding in sprees
Does tommorow await me?
Or does she flee?

Dreams escape me
Like sand slipping through hand
Colors and lightscapes, yesterday grand
Today melt into bland

I ran with the stallions
Of the painted desert land
Today I watch raindrops
Fall upon hand

Time melts, leaves fall
My day is at hand
I once roamed as a stallion
On painted desert land

- Rodney Evan Bohan
Old 11-16-2013, 02:04 AM

Default " ...it is better to have dreamed and fallen short, than to never have dreamed at all."

Excerpt from 'letters To Carla: Chasing My Heart"

Letters To Carla 6/17/2001
A Pocket Full Of Dreams

My Dear Carla,

I return to you instantly upon parchment my dear before I can be erased from your mind, driven and directed by the relentless and ever-present bit in my mouth likened unto that of my most favorite creature on earth, the horse. Alas, a masterpiece of creation indeed, graceful beyond words, shedding all fear as he charges into the battle being drawn by the scent of battle and courage of heart. I adore riding, Carla, the thrust of power beneath you as a horse alters gait from walk to trot, then into the orgasmic gallop, then finally transferring himself into the wind as he moves into a full run. Oh my, the wish of my heart is that all could experience the power and beauty of such an experience. I longed as a child to have a horse, not unusual for a boy of ten I might add, just to be informed that we were city folk, not afforded such luxuries due to city codes and what not, I merely suggested we move to the country, thus resolving the situation; alas, the simple solutions indeed bred out of the youth and innocence a child carries about in his heart.

My dream never became a reality, as with many of my dreams I have hoarded, stuffed and carried about in my overloaded pockets as does a young boy, valuables spilling about with each movement and turn due to the overstuffed nature of the pockets. Alas, the beauty that dreams afford us both young and old if indeed we be the type to embrace such things lofty and high as dreams, Carla, no dream has ever been realized, lest it was pursued first! A dream my dear, one must chase after with all his might as does a young boy who has lost the string to his kite of beauty.

Once again when I was ten years old or so, we had a park at the end of our street, all, in the summertime would array their kites in the sky, most were of the Superman store bought type, however my Father always crafted a magnificent box kite, hand made, I then desired it not, rather wanting to possess one as all others had, likened in identical fashion. But today my dear friend, this masterpiece of art as well as construction now clearly in adulthood stands out and duly impresses me as the most magnificent of all kites arrayed in those sunny summer skies of youth. Dad enjoyed flying it as much as I, seldom letting me touch it I might add! I now remember as well he fashioned an elaborate wood handle and dispenser that easily dispensed ten times the string as opposed to the clumsy balls of string all others handled and had.

Yes, due to my Father's brilliance in both design and construction, our kite roamed higher in the sky always then did the others. It indeed was a magnificent piece of art, hearty, bold, different and dripping in both beauty and style, occasionally he would allow me to attach one of my favorite army men to the kite thus rendering it in my mind as carrying a piece of me as well unto the heavens! This practice was rare however, since the additional weight harmed, hindered and hampered the precision weight as well as flight of the masterful creation. Those days were rare when we would spend time together, my Father and I, but often enough to remember thank God.

As I would watch the masterpiece and creation soar to the heavens, I would as well send and watch my dreams soar as an offering and prayer into the heavens sprinkled in splendor, hoping one day they would be realized. Yes Carla, I was always a dreamer, ashamed to admit it in adulthood, but always wanted to be famous, for all to know my name and seek to be me, as I, yes, sought to be them! I could think of nothing more exciting indeed! I smile as I admit sheepishly; I still seek in part this dream! I always in spite of my many insecurities felt there was this special touch upon my life to attain greatness, most of this touch wilted and dissipated many years ago. Perhaps Carla, I felt indeed that if a man should be exposed to such hardships and pain, that indeed he was entitled to a dream as suitable as just recompense for such a life of differing hardships, trials and darkness!

I know Carla, I remain not the only creature who has seen hell, yet I still feel there must be a pay off somewhere hiding about the corner for me! Is it indeed a selfish desire? Perhaps, but nevertheless if I am to disclose in honesty, I must admit to this childish dream. Shall I realize it in my lifetime? I know not, but this I know and proclaim of sure heart, it is better to have dreamed and fallen short, than to never have dreamed at all.

My Father however disagreed with such dreaming, he merely said I was setting myself up for disappointments, due to my grandiose dreams of fame, wrapped in art and accomplishment, perhaps he was right, though I think not at all! My dreams to this day my friend of heart are all that is left to drag me into the morrow. If I dreamed not, I could no longer bare the hardship, and pain that life has deemed proper to usher into my heart to date. Yes, for me Carla, dreams lend marvelous spark filled hope for the morrow as well as sweeping away the ugliness of yesteryears.

I believe of fervent heart Carla that a dream wrapped in our heart must first be spoken and proclaimed, or even whispered to another before it is given wings of magnificence to fly. So yes my dear you have discovered in part this day the partial significance of my special letters to you, a chance for my dreams to bear wings of beauty to carry them into the heights of the heavens to be among all my other feathered friends and creatures of beauty, I hold so near and dear to my heart. Am I a child at heart my dear? I sure hope so! For the madness of adulthood renders me no pleasure indeed! I seek only to return to the simplicity and charm of the ten year old I left behind in memory so many years ago, for it was indeed then that my heart still reigned in pureness and love, innocent and delicate. Shall I succeed?

In part my dear, I have already by traveling this road backwards in time upon the magical parchment and collection entitled "Letters To Carla." Thank you my dear heart, for being there to catch and embrace my dreams as well as my tears. May this day find you wrapped in the dreams of yesteryear as well as touched in love with your hopes for the morrow.

Yours In Heart, Hands Tightly Clasped,
Rodney
Old 11-17-2013, 12:40 AM

Default "The parade of time, That once moved so slow, Now races and hastens, The end of the show"

Beaded Years

Memory recital
Beads on a string
Each bead a year
Remembrance of spring

Memories clothed in simplistic garb
Flashing like lightning
Thunderous rage
Each memory a page

Innocence & purity
Erased in a breath
Outrage and indignance
Laughter & jest

Ballparks and Sundays
Soft summer afternoons
Dreams of glimmer
Caged in small rooms

Each bead a year
The necklace does grow
From the river to the cabin
They line up in a row

The parade of time
That once moved so slow
Now races and hastens
The end of the show

- Rodney Evan Bohan

Old 11-17-2013, 12:54 AM

Default " Alas, Rodney, why must you speak in riddles and rhymes? "

Wisdom Hides Her Face From Fools

I imagine few shall find gold, merely stacked and heaped upon the threshold of their front door, neatly set and arrayed, like a package the postman leaves after ringing, nor shall it be found according to the lies of fools nor loosed lipped braggarts. No, such a precious commodity indeed such as this, can only be found and discovered by searching!

It remains the same with wisdom I dare say! No, it is found neither by the sluggard nor blind, neither does it accompany nor adorn those that mark haste as the their byword of day and heart. No, wisdom must be sought after and pursued with the same tenacity, with which a child who has lost the string to his kite, runs and races with all his or her might, in order to retrieve the grand prize!

Yes, like the child who sorts carefully through the Cracker Jack box, and eats more than their desire, prompted by their thirst for the prize! Which naturally generally remains yes, on the very bottom of the box! I first stumbled across this illustration, via a critique by an enlightened reader, yes kind enough to share. I found it most powerful indeed, and deeply profound, in painting and describing the search for golden wisdom.

Some demand it quickly to appear! But she acquiesces not to the demands of fools. Some say, if I have to dig, forget it! For I have not the time, nor desire to dirty my hands! And we see many such examples about us today in time this day. Yes, if the answer they search for lies not on the very cover of the book, they cast it aside! Yes, no time to spare.

May we cheat in our search, and flip to the last page? Yes, surely! Yet even upon discovering the answer and recipe if you please, you still will not know what it means! For the answer lies within, yes within the book, imbued in its essence, and dancing on every page, hidden and reserved only for the worthy,noble, and hungry of heart.

I have a short attention span, cries one filled with haste! Perhaps then this pursuit for golden wisdom lies outside your reach and grasp this day. For indeed the search for such rare commodities requires much more than a glance, and more than the ear bent in haste I dare say! Yes, for the pursuit of gold and wisdom alike, remains an arduous journey and pathway to be sure.

Often flickering fragments of truth's wisdom lie hidden within the tome of words scribed by another, daring one to venture the time, in order to glean what is sought after. Diplomas are not handed out on the first day of school, neither is wisdom imparted upon ones first glance.

Yes, if you are looking for fast! Neither wisdom nor gold should remain your pursuit, for neither each nor the other, can be found by such as these, for it reserves itself for the noble and worthy in heart, that pursue at all cost, with steadfast fire of expectation painting their very heart!

Expectation you say! Oh yes, for we seldom discover or fall upon anything in life of any true value, without expectancy riding high upon the saddle of our heart.

Why is that you ask? Just is! Is all I can say. For without expectation planted in steadfast and daily hope burning, few shall ever kiss such commodities of rare value, on the breath of the morrows dawn.

What marks wisdom, one may ask, and where shall I search?

Wisdom often rides upon the essence seen in our old Grandmas eyes now dim, it often is found upon the simple sparrows voice and song. It lies upon the virgin and pure tongues and lips of our children so young, it's found upon the words of the entertained stranger and Angel some say, who walk unnoticed about us, unseen in the way.

Wisdom lies upon parchment, upon men's penned words ending in tomes, it is found bound in big books with black covers, and minstrels silly songs. Wisdom rides upon the trust cast in our dogs loving eyes, wisdom is imbued within the ruby red eyed Himalayan dwarf bunny, and is painted well upon the fish a down under, yes, wisely picking his home!

Poppycock you say, state and scream! But I say this, cast your net of mind on the other side of the boat! For if wisdom remains not ours this day, then how could we ever speculate upon where she is hidden and revealed?

Alas, Rodney, why must you speak in riddles and rhymes? I speak not in parables, nor in poems shrouded and veiled, but merely paint my prose according to she who stirs my very soul! Should the sonnet I then ask, be painted in layman's terms! Should Thoreau have been less thoughtful, and Van Gogh more subdued? Should Kerovac have not traveled, and should Paul Revere of stood still?

Yes, the simple and yet eloquent words of Patrick Henry "I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death" should he have spoken them not? For surely as many as applauded him as hero, and held him in revered fashion and form, due to his passion and stance, surely as many as well, deemed him a simpleton and fool!

No, wisdom generally is not, discovered by all, for the fool claims he knows her voice so he listens no more! Whilst the carnivore sees no wisdom in our furry friends at bay, and the compromised realist sees little of value, in the words of a Martin Luther King!

Perception? Oh yes, the key to most all, yet the fool thinks he has already arrived, therefore has no need to see more.

Wisdom purposely lies outside the reach ad grasp such as these, who stand brittle and defiant against the wind of illumination blowing daily. While the hungry of heart always take a closer look.

So then, where indeed does wisdom abide, dwell, hide and roam?

Well, my guess remains this........... that she's not where your looking,
and on yes, a differing road....

Peace,

Rodney Evan Bohen
Old 11-18-2013, 01:34 AM

Default " And a good start I should think, would be merely to be nice! "

The Art of Being Nice

My Mother taught me when young, that if you didn't have anything nice to say about someone, to then not say anything at all! Can I get a witness?
Probably not....

Yes, the world remains no more the place I once knew, have I changed or it I wonder? but this much I do know! Being this, that folk just aren't very nice anymore are they?

Yes, we actually seem to boastfully pass out insults, as we of old, used to pass out compliments! Yes, the "Golden Rule" as well as most other gauges and admonitions of good seem to have just been set upon the shelf deemed unworthy. Why indeed do we become so quickly tickled in childlike fashion, when we have hurled an insult, or hurt another's feelings I ask?

Do we think our rude behavior shall warrant a gold star for our forehead at the end of day? You know, like the kind we got in nursery school if we didn't wet our pants! I know not, though I daily attempt to restrain myself insofar as responding to such as these, yet at times I confess, my reservoir of patience becomes completely spent! I then in basic form resembling yesterdays man, hunger to show them that I as well can play the mean game too! Oh well, my parents taught me that that brought a man down to the same level of the one he objected too, and good and true advise it was.

Yes, it remains difficult to be nice to be sure at times, for the world seems filled so often with these passive aggressive cowards and thugs of heart that insist on insulting you, but do it with a smile, hence in their own mind, hoping you will not notice the blatant lance of insult launched!

Hey, I cant speak for you, but I remain not a fool this day, and surely I know when I have been insulted or mistreated verbally or otherwise, As I think most do as well! The only fools that seem not to know, are those that ridicule and insult others daily, and do it in this passive aggressive style, depicting the cowards they truly are, because frankly they remain to cowardly to just tell you to your face!

Yes, in the old days I would merely punch such as these in the mouth, deeming their contempt and rudeness towards others not acceptable conduct at all! Yet....now they lock you up and jail you for such unbridled passion displayed, yet the hate monger who uses words as his weapon may continue on dancing in insult hurling fashion and form, yes, day in and day out.

Why is it so hard I ask, for people to just be civil? Why must we always attempt to lift up our insecure egos by demeaning another? And yes, often we do it wearing tags amany, depicting our varied moral guidelines, character, principles and disposition, making the hypocrisy so much the worse.

Yes, we stroll about with our ornamental Christian T-shirts declaring what we are to others, yet our conduct and verbal discourse remains quite different indeed. Oh relax, I only use Christians merely as an example, no more no less, I respect the basis and foundation of the institution to be sure, make no mistake about it! It just remains the sordid and perverted ambassadors I often meet, that I disapprove of! I merely wish these folks so quick to judge others, would walk the walk themselves! For surely as you amble down the mall while cursing your child, and head smacking him, while clad in your I love Jesus T-shirt, well, .....need I say more?

I full well realize the nature of this letter shall incite many indeed, yet you know, Christians in my walk, have often represented some of the cruelest folk I have ever met, yes, basted in unwarranted elitism! Naturally what I find so puzzling, is that the premise and foundation, remains so diametrically opposed to how so many act!

Oh I know the slogan 'Not perfect just saved!" Well, just perhaps that's the T-shirt and billboard you should sport and wear next time you're pummeling and cursing your kid in public, rather than the let the love of Jesus show through one!

Me, disrespectful! Not at all! I rather think the disrespectful ones remain these that insult the name they wear, bear and broadcast by their horrid conduct towards others, yes displaying the true heart they bear. "For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh"

Be it Muslim or Christian alike, if you look into the camps of both this day, you shall see not nearly enough proof and evidence concerning what we claim to be, stand for and endorse! Shame on us I say!

I seek not to paint pretty words this day, nor to make friends which I shall not! I merely have lost my stomach for these fools parading in hypocrisy and blatant falsehood indeed. Are not folks with religious backgrounds and persuasion, supposed to be nicer than youre average bear waltzing about I ask? Well, that's what I have always thought since my youth, perhaps I merely remain stiffly naive.

I suggest only this, if we are going to walk around as billboards proclaiming our faith, with our assorted pins, T-shirts, tracks, slogans and bumper stickers, often designed to make others feel less than, in my opinion, let us walk the walk, and represent the basics of the belief system at least! Yes, love your brother as yourself! For surely when the world sees so many in T-shirts depicting folk as children of love! The least they can do is act like it! Or either leave the T-shirt at home.

Oh yes, I know you are trying to be a good witness, but my friends, it takes more than a T-shirt and words plastered on it to convince a skeptical world, oh yes, it requires true love shed abroad towards others if you want your witness to be effectual, and resting in power.

It remains a program of attraction rather than promotion I think, and if this be the case, may we then be more attractive this day in time, yes?

And a good start I should think, would be merely to be nice! And yes, if you have nothing good to say about someone, then perhaps we ought not speak at all!

Hmmm, perhaps I have just broken my own rule?

Peace,
Rodney Evan Bohen

Old 11-18-2013, 01:46 AM

Default " I was raised there, My entire life, I knew each of them, Yet they didn't know me "

I Stroll as a Stranger

I ambled down the street
Where once I was raised,
I knew all them
Yet they didn't know me
I was raised there
My entire life,
I knew each of them,
Yet they didn't know me
As I strolled down the street

I meandered and shuffled
About the block many times
And yes, I knew them
Yet they didn't know me!

I cried deep inside,
Pondering the journey I'd made
To where once was my home
My street, my youth sweet
Ah yes, I knew them
Yet they didn't know me!

I had traveled cross continent
To light up their day
All those who once knew me
Who watched me grow yes,
Each day in play
I recognized all them
Yet, they knew not me

As I guessed, time had changed me
Reshaped, etched my face
From the car wrecks to bar brawls
Little left the same

I cried out It's Rodney
You remember me!
Yet brow raised they
Sternly stared, blank faced back at me
Alas, how time changed me
Yes, seems none can see

That the heart I once toted
Still rides in same place
Despite the rude markings
Times raked across my face
I cried It's me Rodney
But none seemed to hear

I meandered for hours
My house once no more
No picket fence
The tree no more
That once scraped my knees raw
As I climbed high to see more!

Some say you cannot go home
No never, some do say
I now understand
For I walked as a stranger
In the bright dread of day
Yet veiled and masked
Was the face I once wore
So none saw me walking
That sad day now stored

I smiled waved and greeted
Yes all I recalled
Yet the eyes of strangers
Was all that peered back
I cried hey It's Rodney!
Its me here inside

Yet times hand had changed me
None recognized me no more
I stood seemed for hours
In front, of what once was my home
Then heard sad words singing
You can never go home.

Head hung heart heaped
I shuffled on
Yes, back into time
From whence I had come
For none even knew me
No, not even one!

Hey, It's me Rodney!
I'm still me here inside!

Rodney Evan Bohen

Old 11-19-2013, 01:14 AM

Default " ...playtime is over kids, the recess bell has rung... "

01-28-2009, 12:30 AM
Bard
'Gladiator' In Wait

I See The Face of Our Nation Changing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wincing, and terrified, miffed, bewildered and beleaguered.
Watching our american dream fable circling then flushed.

I see a culture forming, where only the strong and faith-filled survive,
whilst others leap from windows as in the last depression
leaving a sad legacy of shame.

I see moms moving in with kids, and full grown kids moving in with their parents again

Friends and family co-habiting in order to survive with a modicum of respect and dignity.

The new to our land have done so for years, while in transition.

Know this my friend, transition IS, in place, deny it not, denial will not kick it off youre doorstep either.

Make good decisions, be prudent and frugal, live on a budget, save some money, have a plan b in place, and pray I am wrong.

But the handwriting is on the wall, so prepare yourselves my friends and familia,

For hardship known not prior is our bedfellow of the morrow

May God bless us all......

No time for pride and pretence

Survival is the byword of the day

a test for humanity, and our nation and world as well

may our spirits be yielding to the change and transition that
meets us at dawn, and may honesty and integrety, hard work and faith
in goodness and God, be our tools back to wellness and stature once known.

yet in our transition may we never bow nor yield, to evil and greed, but always operating in honesty and goodness towards our fellow man.

never compromising our faith or belief, but leaning into it more as the days of trial grow nearer.

playtime is over kids
the recess bell has rung

Go well lads and Lasses...

Go with My blessing and Gods hand be on youre heart as you meet your Goliath fearless, and entrenched in hope.

God bless America...and the world as well.

The Bard...(off the cuff)

01-28-2009, 12:48 AM
Bard
'Gladiator' In Wait

Re: I See The Face of Our Nation Changing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I talk often of the fifties spirit
being raised among folk that had lived through the depression, wars
economic hardships few in this day and age can even imagine except the VERY impoverished among us.

They were a people of great courage and spirit with slogans sucha as

when life deals you lemons, you make lemonade.

Oh yes, it sounds corny, but it was very real, we would do well now i imagine

To think back upon what these elderly imparted unto us
it may in part be the woven goldendust that connects us to the morrow with a spirit of the conquering hero, versus the sad primmidona daunted to death by it all.

We must undertake it as an adventure, a test of sorts
to see what were made of, a time and season visiting us perhaps in order to
bring us togeather in spirit, as hard times have a tendancy to do

To bring the best out in folks, Lord knows weve seen the worst,
now perhaps its time to show the world our best
by garbing ourselves in that simplistic pioneer spirit, that develpoed the west
from dust unto today.

'The Bard...'
saying thanks
For letting me ramble on (off the cuff)

01-28-2009, 01:25 AM
Bard
'Gladiator' In Wait

Re: I See The Face of Our Nation Changing

Could we see a day where not only were we driving smaller cars in order to save gas money, and car pooling, but will we see a day where
driving that second car beomes financially prohibitive?

Will we see small scooters emerge and burst on the scene,not as a fashion statement but as a viable inexpensive mode of transportation, and bycycles as well?

The man who was living on plastic for years has long been out of touch with many who are only a paycheck away from such realities.

Yes, years ago I too lived the high-life on plastic.......
Is it reality?
Not for today.

many who we considered well to do yesterday,
are soon to be linked to this newly forming lower middle class America tommorrow.

How shall they take the class caste system drop in image?

Time will tell?

Some say no caste system exists in the united states?

i say you just never been in those shoes, its the rent versus own box
its the plastic versus none.

Its the guy who must haul his aluninum cans in once a month for gas money

versus the family that doesn't even bother to keep the aluminum, ....yet, that is......

The times, they are a changing........

Some never used to pick up pennies either.

Yes, theres a caste system in place, the guy who picks up the pennies knows.

http://www.bardscoliseum.com/showthread.php?t=11389

Old 11-20-2013, 12:37 AM

Default " We became a barometer and conscience to a society that desired neither! "

Excerpt from "Letters To Carla: Chasing my Heart"

Letters to Carla 8/16/2001

The Dream Chasers of the Sixties

My Dear Carla,

Hoping this expression of heart finds you postured in loveliness as well as beauty. Carla, where indeed along the way do we as beings shed the wonderment and zest for life that covered us as a cloak in our youth? At what age indeed do I inquire were we taught that to daily seek excitement as well as wonderment and dreams is reserved only for those standing in the enchanted world of youth? Somehow I was taught as many, that upon reaching a certain age one must shed such wondrous attributes of character such as these, I was taught that freedom, and footloose as well as dreamchasing were things one willingly sheds upon reaching adulthood! To be replaced with a stern sober approach to life imbued in stoic reality, handheld in stayed responsibility, depicting maturity!

I wonder today at fifty years old if I was misinformed, to be sure! Yes, I rebelled as well as protested heartily at these demands in my young adult life! Rather giving way to a life of freedom as embraced by the hippie generation I stood as a member of indeed! I displayed my contempt and disdain for such imposed demands of lifestyle, by growing my hair, hitchhiking, as well as driving and touring the country wrapped in beauty and splendor, I as well partook of the forbidden fruit of drugs, including, LSD, Pot and other assorted varying substances as well! I did so as many did in my day, in order to cast a voice of protest to the status quo! I held my voice high against those that demanded all must act and be the same, as well as be driven as well by the goals that society dictated rather than what lied within the depths of ones heart! They were times of serious study of self, for me! Not merely a chance to party! No many in this era and time took our dissent quite seriously! And we did not quake a nation as well! We stopped a war by the protest of our hearts, as well as first raised the worthy banner of peace and love! To be distributed equally unto all men despite race, creed, or color!

We were a minority harassed senselessly by the badgewearers, as well as all others that represented majority rule at the time! We wore our hair long as a badge of honor, stating we are free thinkers and spirits as well! Yes, we felt we were entitled, as I still feel we are today! Yes, Carla, there was much of the hippie revolution that should be remembered in kindness, if historians paint it in truth! We stood as a people for the first time ever to suggest that a free country should be free indeed! We were the first to endorse the conscientious objectors that trail blazed a path before us in shame according to many!

We believed that to fight and die for country alone perhaps should be reexamined; we felt one should embrace the cause in heart based on morality, if one was to lay down his life indeed for the cause! We resented the fact that the poor were drafted, while the rich as well as the privileged college bound were released from such life threatening fears! We supported civil rights and laid down our lives at Kent State! Yes, Carla, there was much that was noble and honorable imbued indeed in the revolution, if historians paint it in truth! There was much more attached to our cause than just free love and smoking pot!

We became a barometer and conscience to a society that desired neither! We deplored the violence and death that shadowed Viet Nam, while the status quo endorsed it as the height of honorable! We were the first generation of youngsters to state let us alone! We were called bums and transients! And we held to our right to be so! We traveled the States in VW buses with bumper stickers such as adorned my vehicle that said, "let's come together" Now that certainly remains not a bad theme, does it now? We mixed the races, and created lovely different colored babes! We embraced the black man as our own, as well as the aged as well! We laughed at preordained authority instituted by others, as well as balked at the fact that we were old enough to fight and die! But yet not old enough to drink!

We asked the hard questions that a fair and just society should have stood ready to answer! No, not all that we did was colored in honor and moral excellence! But no movement in time that has integrated change ever has been showered in perfection, but what changes we did invoke, we did without violence! And that was a first for mankind! Yes, we had men to lead us as Dear Martin and John, and we were led of our hearts equally noble in kind, we stepped out in love and were battered and beaten, we forgave those that did it, just in order for it to happen again! Yes, there was much indeed noble as well as honorable concerning these gentle hearts that changed the face of mankind forevermore!

Yes, Carla, why must man shed his childlike dreams and expectations of daily happiness as well as a life of roaming if he so chooses? Why indeed must dreamchasing be cast in a tainted light of immaturity dripping in irresponsibility! After all, Nomad tribes move often, do they not? Why must one settle in one place, and have one job, in order to be deemed responsible? Yes, all men differing from our concept of success are typecast as losers! I wonder about that to be certain! Were all, I ask, who rode freely the trains of the fifties mere bums? Or were some merely men enchanted with the beauty of the regions of the world, who chose to inhale as much as they could in their allotted time upon earth? Yes, a society hardened in steadfast uniformity often offers little in the way of grace to such men indeed! All who differ from the status quo are cast in a demeaning light to be sure! Yes, my dear, I guess the hippie in me as well as the protesting heart within me have found few answers to many of these questions as I unfolded into what society deemed as proper and acceptable, I now wonder if I ever should have cut my hair at all! Well, I still wear it longer than most deem acceptable by their standards! But actually, it merely is the way I like to wear it still!

Yes, we were a kind generation, simply attempting to usher in more of the same! Now truly, what fault can be found in that? Yes, there are few you can find this day, that will admit to the part they played in the sixties, yes few who will admit to their hippie heritage to be sure! But that differs not, from finding anyone who voted for a President once in office! So we remain surrounded by cowards still this day! Men who have not the backbone to speak their mind nor heart if it be of a minority dissenting opinion, Alas, perhaps it is time once again for an infusion and a resurgence of a generation so grand that blessed us with their courage and presence as they did once long ago!

For Yes, the surroundings about us this day certainly would alert one to the need of such a theme worn upon the hearts of many once again! Yes, referring to love and peace, extended to all men in equity, thus painting a nation once again knitted together in harmony of heart! Oh, I full well know Carla, that my words of heart this day shall enrage many a small heart clamoring in uniformity under the umbrella of societies rule and regime! But, it pissed 'em off then! Why not piss 'em off again! I leave you now to digest my words sent in love and peace, may you stumble upon both in abundance this day my dear friend.

Yours In Love,
Rodney