Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 10-21-2013, 07:26 AM
Texan at heart!

DDD is on the right path
Default Re: The Bard

Trouble just told me about Bard. My gosh......I was shocked after all these years. I want to cry, because we had some good times. Trouble and Bard going after it on the boards was a highlight of everyone's evening...They both cracked me up. The bad times didn't last...we were friends and a close family online family.

I wish I would have logged on from time to time and said something, but I got caught up in life and Facebook. Shame on me.

Thank you Trouble for telling me this. We lost a wonderful family member to the boards.

Rest in Peace Bard! We love you!!!!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:39 AM
HATER OF EVIL

Trouble has a spectacular aura aboutTrouble has a spectacular aura about

Good to see you again DDD....hope all is well.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:00 AM
Mr. Hollywood

Catfish is on the right path

When the time & place is posted for the service, please let us know. My wife & I would love to send flowers.
Sad, sad day. My wife & I had planned a surprise visit to Rodney in a couple of weeks.
I sent him a PM on Fri. which will remain in his inbox for eternity.
My last & final message to one of the finest & kindest souls we've ever known.
Bless you & your family, Rodney. You will always remain forever in our thoughts & prayers. RIP.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Unbound

CooCooTheLooseScrew will become famous soon enough

My heart hurts...

My face aches...

I will miss knowing he is around so deeply... He means and has meant a lot to me over the years...

He knew how to talk to me when I was lost in worlds that I never belonged to... when I was out of my mind... he spoke to my spirit... when My spirit was broken... he spoke to my heart... and when it was my thoughts that betrayed me... I could lean hard on the profound wisdom that through him, would grace my confusion. I don't even think he knew how wise he is.

He gave me hope, sometimes for myself, sometimes for my life and future...

I hope he knows now how much I admired and loved him. For his heart, his understanding, for his life and what he gave. His patients... without it, I wouldn't have had a seat at this table.
He recognized something in me few would, and even in my own denial held steadfast to what he felt. I can't word how thankful I have been, or am.

I am saddened to grief... and am weeping on and off... smiling through aching cheeks and swollen eyes...

ugggg... ouch...

Last edited by CooCooTheLooseScrew; 12-06-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Unbound

This was the only board of its kind I've been a member of.
I came to it when it was on zeboards... I did a "poetry" search, not even knowing what a "board" was... had a girlfriend at the time who was an internet socialite for lack of a better term, and sat down while she was logged onto zeboard I guess... typed in poetry, saw Sir Bard's page, and never left. Never went anywhere else either.

man...
Old 10-21-2013, 10:05 AM
Unbound

Quote:
Although we had many, many online "battles" I counted Bard as a friend. I hope he knew that.
I know he knew that, and I know he felt the same way... he was loyal to his heart... and his heart told'em the same thing yours told you.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

Coocoo, I feel your pain. He was a beacon, a special soul, he had a different point of view, a different drummer. You & I and many others were graced to know him.

He holds a special place in my heart, always and forever.

Proud Mary Keep on Rollin' (inside joke between the Bard & Me)
Old 10-21-2013, 12:08 PM

Snuffy is on the right path

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Although we had many, many online "battles" I counted Bard as a friend. I hope he knew that.

Ditto that Trouble, and I'm sure he did. He and I had a pretty fair amount of battles also, but we always kept in contact off the boards. I knew for quite some time about his illness, but was asked to keep it quiet and I was happy to oblige.

Over all the years on the boards that I knew him, he could make me laugh, piss me off, and leave me scratching my head wondering wtf did he just say, all within minutes of each other. I will definitely miss his unique sense of humor and for lack of a better term, Bardspeak. When Bard was on his game he was a remarkable entertainer, one of a kind.

RIP Bard.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Elite Member

Omega will become famous soon enough

My condolences to Bard's sister. I have COPD and had wondered if he did too. I wanted to ask him but didn't want to pry. I know he was a private man. This breaks my heart and makes me so sad. I will miss him a lot.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:00 PM
HATER OF EVIL

Trouble has a spectacular aura aboutTrouble has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
I will definitely miss his unique sense of humor and for lack of a better term, Bardspeak.
Agreed Snuffy. Good to see you again. I've wondered about you.

Nobody could code-talk like Bard...lol

We ALL know that and know it deep.