Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > ~Poetry Pavilion~

Old 03-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Elite Member

shelle39 is just really niceshelle39 is just really niceshelle39 is just really niceshelle39 is just really niceshelle39 is just really nice
Default Re: Friends Forever~

Here is an old pic of Braon, I put his name on the pic years ago when we were sharing pet pics on the Lilly Pad

Old 03-09-2009, 09:39 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Bard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelle39
Here is an old pic of Braon, I put his name on the pic years ago when we were sharing pet pics on the Lilly Pad

Shelle,

Thank you very much for this photo of Baron, I was looking for it just the other day to put on my beach thread, and couldn't locate it

And lo & behold..it is my favorite!

Ty, it was very thoughtfull of you....

it used to be, wherever Id take him, hed just go grab a stick and we would begin to play, 13 years of this same routine, from the mountains of southern ca to New Mexico to Montery, wherever we go, Baron just grabs a stick and we begin our game, now we can just tug gently, when this photo was taken, he could fetch it and run like the wind.

This photo was taken 6 years ago now, baron was 7 then.

Thank you again for bringing that Shelle,

Baron is just a good friend.

Edited to say the darn Lilipad was about 6 years ago too!

My, where does the time go?

We known each other awhile now

It is the bulk of a life lived, that defines a man, not merely
a chapter, moment, nor day.

Last edited by Bard; 03-09-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:16 AM
Elite Member

shelle39 is just really niceshelle39 is just really niceshelle39 is just really niceshelle39 is just really niceshelle39 is just really nice

Your welcome Bard, enjoy.

This is one of my favorite pics of my Shelly, my 150 lb gentle giant. He was murdered 2 years ago protecting us and our neighbor from some really bad guys . I will miss him for ever and his little dance "Momma's in the kitchen, cooking". He was such a good dog, unless I gave the food to him and said here you go boy, he wouldn't touch it, no matter how hungry he was. As you can see from the pic, his head could lay on the table with his feet on the ground, so he could get anything he wanted, he spoiled me, we now have a malamute that has to be watched or he will help himself along with a little sister (we don't know what all mix she is).

Old 04-25-2009, 07:12 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Bard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond repute

Shelle

I had missed your post with Shelly sorry.
dogs are amazingly loyal.

I'm sorry for your loss, i remember seeing her before I think.
The pose and picture rings a bell.

I almost wept when I opened this thread today and saw that pic of Baron

He was SO young and strong then, he still gets the nod and commands notice and compliments

yet its sad to see the toll age takes on beings of all kinds.

I will long thank you and remember you for posting that favorite pic of Baron, it truly touched me.

Heres to ya Baron, and to ALL the good times..

Last edited by Bard; 04-25-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Hepburn

Hey Bard....

I was thinking of you. Actually, you kinda remind me of one of the contestants on Survivor, lol (Coach). So every time I watched that show, I thought of you (with a mixture of exasperation as well as this strange fondness, lol).

How are you doing? I hope all is well with you.

And since I know that time is short..and things never stay the same..and we never know what tomorrow brings...I want to tell you that Im truly sorry for any pain I ever caused you. Youre an odd duck and I just didnt "get you" for a very long time. I still dont, but Bard is Bard and I want you to know that youll always be remembered.

Im also very glad Baron is well and even though old, still is your companion. Bard and Baron...a man and his dog. There is something beautiful about that, but I cant express it. I hope you get what Im trying to convey.

Take care, Bard. Im glad you stumbled in TF those many years ago. You are a character, thats for sure. And Im blessed to have met you.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:08 AM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepburn
Hey Bard....

I was thinking of you. Actually, you kinda remind me of one of the contestants on Survivor, lol (Coach). So every time I watched that show, I thought of you (with a mixture of exasperation as well as this strange fondness, lol).

And since I know that time is short..and things never stay the same..and we never know what tomorrow brings...I want to tell you that Im truly sorry for any pain I ever caused you. Youre an odd duck and I just didnt "get you" for a very long time. I still dont, but Bard is Bard and I want you to know that youll always be remembered.

Im also very glad Baron is well and even though old, still is your companion. Bard and Baron...a man and his dog. There is something beautiful about that, but I cant express it. I hope you get what Im trying to convey.

Take care, Bard. Im glad you stumbled in TF those many years ago. You are a character, thats for sure. And Im blessed to have met you.

Hey Bard....

Fondness is good,exasperation I am accustomed to.

Baron and I thusfar have escaped those that seek to muzzle, bridle & restrain such as we, when we enter our latter years, thusfar we remain free, unbridled and unfettered, a tad rickety for the road walked, but remain we still nevertheless.

Time is short, and no, sadly, nothing stays the same, I accept your grand heartfelt gesture as I pray you will recieve the same from me, for any unkindness I offered of past. Forgiveness and ammends are freeing virtues
Folded and attired in honor and humility unspoken.

To be remembered would be rare, 'out of site out of mind
yet the sentiment touched my heart, as did this entire post Hep.

I think you expressed it well Hepburn, your love for critters cements your sinceeity in remark, and we thank you.

Likewise Hepburn, likewise indeed,
We both were/are blessed in our paths crossing

May the Lords best be yours, & upon yours.

your taking the time to post this timely greeting
will always ring softly in my heart by she/you
Who gifted me with the handle...'The Bard'

Odd duck yes, few get me, most likely few ever will

I have come to accept that now

Peace Hepburn

Rodney

Old 07-05-2009, 02:30 PM

3Parrots is on the right path

Thinking of you, Bard.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:46 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Parrots
Thinking of you, Bard.
Thank you Maggie, you got me all choked up with that post there kiddo.

Timely indeed..

Old 07-05-2009, 03:17 PM

3Parrots is on the right path

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard

Thank you Maggie, you got me all choked up with that post there kiddo.

Timely indeed..

Old 07-12-2009, 05:10 AM

mewsicmama is on the right path

Just arrived - been a while since I've checked in. What beautiful pictures IP - I totally understand the connection you and Baron have Bard. My dogs are my life. I lost a very special girl last year when she got a chex mix bag out of the trash, shoved her face into it, and suffocated - while we were out to dinner. I had her for 7 years, she was a stray running the streets before I got her. Never could cure her of getting in the trash, even though she was well fed and cared for.

I'm glad you have some wonderful pictures and memories stored up. Keep making more and loving each other!