Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 02-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Junior Mint

Tadpole_Terror is on the right path
Default Re: Ross Show Gives up The Ghost/Deathwatch Thread 'StrayStar' (Straight-Dope) Commentary

Hmmmm... By my own admission, if a thread goes on long enough I'll score a triple play every time!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:50 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ross Show Gives up The Ghost/Deathwatch Thread 'StrayStar' (Straight-Dope) Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayStar

The Bard would be pleased with the stat.
As is Ross...

Meanwhile, p'tuey, never one to miss a chance to brownnose Ross, breaks wind with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'tuey

TRS has always kept other forums busy with things to copy/paste......One wonders if they actually have original content?

Way to go Ross, I for one don't care what others think LOL

They are just a bunch of strangers jumping on a "Safe" bandwagon LOL
Proving once again that she doesn't get it, nor, apparently, does she have a clue as to the stated purpose of TRS (aside from giving the OAI riff-raff a place to hang) is gossip. "All Are Welcome! GOSSIP on top, FLUFF Below." LOL!!!

She doesn't have a clue that Ross himself, although in semi-retirement these days, is the biggest and most appreciated C&P'er of Gossip on TRS! Way to go, p'tuey.

Oh man, classic example of clueless.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:43 AM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

Good point! Rossco built his board on boardland gossip and classic arguments. Perhaps a visit to the archives would set her straight.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:35 AM

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

From what I see of p'tuey, that wouldn't set her straight. Since her comments are already always a bit off from reality, she doesn't appear to be very observant.

She's also apparently more prone to talking rather than learning.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:56 AM

Hepburn "Olympics. Anyone watching?"

bluekazoo: "Not here. First off, we don't have network tv anymore and NBC isn't running coverage online. Secondly, we don't support the Olympics because they're just another corporation-run operation - I will be watching the news though, for stories of potential problems..."

Sorry folks but I just have to comment, because I see & hear similar statements all over the place, and you do too.

So... "first off" she won't be watching them because she don't have network TV... and NBC isn't providing it free, I mean, covering it online. But anyway she don't "support" the Olympics because they are "another corporation-run operation"... hmmmmm, well, isn't NBC "another corporation-run operation" online, or in the air, or on cable?

Further, the very media she used to make her statement, the internet, is "another corporation(s)-run operation" as is the people that built the computer (and each of it's thousands of components) she typed it out on. Not to mention that she posted it on a vBulletin board, which is "another corporation-run operation", to whom Ross paid a hefty tab, and pays a hefty tab to the company that hosts it, and he wouldn't bother if she and others weren't using it.

Ah, but wait! She's watching the news (corporation-run operations!!) and keeping a diligent eye out for "trouble" so she can spring into action, I guess, or perhaps just for the entertainment value.

Priceless.

Last edited by StrayStar; 02-07-2014 at 04:10 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Junior Mint

Tadpole_Terror is on the right path

That truly is priceless! lol I mean, Really!
On the other hand, I'm not watching the Olympics either! I'm just watching the shweet chicks participating in the Olympics.
That's entirely different.
Right?
I mean come on.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:55 AM
Tiger Extraordinaire

Powerhouse is a jewel in the roughPowerhouse is a jewel in the roughPowerhouse is a jewel in the rough

(PSST! Tomorrow is Ross's birthday, so be sure to stop by wish him well! )
Old 02-22-2014, 07:20 AM

A big
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

to Ross

Old 06-10-2016, 04:01 AM

Thumbs up 7 Years...

Today, June 10, 2016 marks the 7th anniversary of the start of this, The Bard's favorite thread.

The Ross Show is still standing, as is The Bard's "World Famous" Coliseum.

Know that! And know it deep!

"The future, well, we have yet to behold...

I remain grateful & thankful we have made it this far."

- The Bard, June 2009