Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > ~Poetry Pavilion~

Old 08-21-2010, 05:42 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Bard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baron (Lord of The Realm) is Gone

Hep

I just read your last missive
thank you.
One of the last things i said to baron, in fron of the doc staff and all, was its Ok baby, your gona be with Jesus and Sandy, and ill be along soon.

If I did NOT believe that, Lord knows id break down and die right damn now.

Instead, I guess Ill take that first walk. Maybe.

ty

It is the bulk of a life lived, that defines a man, not merely
a chapter, moment, nor day.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:33 PM

Fleetwood is on the right path

Rod,

I am so sorry about Baron. The world is lesser without his beauty and dignity. Please know that you did the very best thing for him. Although you are suffering, he is at peace.

One of my favorite things about you has been your love and loyalty to Baron and his to you. I pray the day comes when you can remember him with a smile rather than tears.

Thinking of you,
Fleety
Old 08-21-2010, 06:42 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Bard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwood
Rod,

I am so sorry about Baron. The world is lesser without his beauty and dignity. Please know that you did the very best thing for him. Although you are suffering, he is at peace.

One of my favorite things about you has been your love and loyalty to Baron and his to you. I pray the day comes when you can remember him with a smile rather than tears.

Thinking of you,
Fleety

On Behalf of Baron and myself.
Thank you Fleety,
from the bottom most earnest part of my heart
God bless you.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:01 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Again, on behalf Baron, to ALL at the BOMM
our appreciation for all your kindness this day
Yes lakelady, its going to be a long long day
Bless your heart

Kashtin
Axl
Maggie
LRFA
Zelda
Linda
Whale
PR
Hoping I have not forgotten anyone.

Last edited by Bard; 08-21-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:22 PM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Hi Bard, just got home and read this.

I am so sorry to hear about Baron. For as long as I've known you on the boards you've always spoken often of him like he's never been far from your mind (or you).

It's going to be hard but you remember you gave him the best life he could have had and he's waiting for you on the other side.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:31 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayStar
Hi Bard, just got home and read this.

I am so sorry to hear about Baron. For as long as I've known you on the boards you've always spoken often of him like he's never been far from your mind (or you).

It's going to be hard but you remember you gave him the best life he could have had and he's waiting for you on the other side.
Thank you StrayStar my friend, no, Baron has always been on my mind
when the DR's taking to long, every task, everywhere all I ever muttered, was I got my dog to get home too. Baron always stood tall and foremost in every decision I made, down to how many steps to the front door of where I lived, and could Baron navigate them, if not, I went eleswhere, that suited him better, thank you, I did give him the best I could

No, he shall never be far from my heart nor mind.

Thank you for your words, they mean a lot.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

German shepherds are special. Some people understand what that means. Yes, they ARE family.

Bard, at the risk of sounding callous, in time I hope you can find your way to a new puppy. Believe it or not, it can happen....I've seen it happen. And don't be so damned eager to go chasin' after Baron into the Great Doghouse in the Sky. He's at peace. He left a hole behind, and he'll never be replaced. You'll always miss him.....but there's a puppy out there who really needs someone like you to rescue him. Check your local shelter if you don't believe me. I know Baron wouldn't argue with that idea.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:37 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy
I'm really, really sorry to hear this Bard, I know how much he meant to you. Your loyalty to Baron and his to you have been well documented on this board over the years and I'm glad I got to read about it. The love and devotion you showed him over his lifetime was second to none.
Thank you Snuffy, for your friendship and gracious words

I thank everybody that posted here today, all my friends and friends of Baron, he knew no no enemies

Calli
Trouble
Wrench
Cit
Jtxk

Thank you for honoring Baron
with your words of heart.
My words fall flat I fear
I think you all know the extent of my thanks.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:44 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenchbender
German shepherds are special. Some people understand what that means. Yes, they ARE family.

Bard, at the risk of sounding callous, in time I hope you can find your way to a new puppy. Believe it or not, it can happen....I've seen it happen. And don't be so damned eager to go chasin' after Baron into the Great Doghouse in the Sky. He's at peace. He left a hole behind, and he'll never be replaced. You'll always miss him.....but there's a puppy out there who really needs someone like you to rescue him. Check your local shelter if you don't believe me. I know Baron wouldn't argue with that idea.
No, Wrench, the idea is noble
and i have given the same advice for years.
But for me, there are no more ladies, love or friends like Baron
I'm just not up to that anymore.
I couldn't keep up with a puppy.
But it was a good thought.
Only God can fill this hole left now my friend.
And friends help to,
For that I am very gratefull.
Baron would be honored by the words cast this day.

Quote:
Yes, They are, very special, and yes, some do know what that means.
Family indeed.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:17 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Everything that I have done for years, has been centered around Baron.
Especially in his senior years, he needed some special help.

i guess what we overlook often in life is being needed
Its different than being loved.

Baron and I shared that need equally Id say, he to the end was my guard.

Recently on a walk, we came across a young guy with a big dog, Baron immediately, puffed himself all up, and gave them whatfor!

When the young affable gent asked barons age, I said fifteen almost sixteen, I said Ive had him since he was 10 qeeks old,

The young man then replied, "and hes still taking care of you right?"

I replied, yes, he sure is, has and did, he always put himself between me and danger, as I did with him,

Just a few weeks back, we were confronted with a loose, Pit Bull

i had to fend him off with my walking stick, until someone have us a hand,

All this time Baron trying to save me while Im saving him, me worried about him having a heart attack, most likekly baron thinking the same thing.

He was ,my guard, as I was his, we needed each other, because were
both come from working dog stock, once theres no more need for us, well, I always let Baron play the part, though, he would of laid down his life for me, as freely as I would have for him,

It has been a love affair to remember, one for books, no words would make a suitable headstone for Baron, no stone big enough.

Only a picture of the love in my heart would suffice, set side by side
of a picture of Barons heart, and the love he held for me.

I suddenly felt tired and thought I must take Baron out
I dreamed about him all afternoon napping.

Alas.

It is what it is,i wish id never had to see it end this way, but as PR mentioned,

I'm gratefull, verses the alternative.

I never had such a good friend, my walk this evening was nothing like it used to be, all looked, all noticed, the saddness accompanied every step i took. apparent to all i imagine.

I'll never be the same, due to the impact this Baron had on my life.
I was blessed and honored, to have had him for all these years.