Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 09:27 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: '240' Dead Indonesian Volcano (StrayStars Photo Vacation Commentary of The Region)

Thanks.

I have lots more, over 3000, but I need time at home to relax and go through them in some orderly fashion. As i do I will put some up on here and try to tell the "story" - what I know anyways - of the place or what I was doing when I took them.

Probably take me all winter...

stay tuned...
Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Elite Member

lakelady has a spectacular aura aboutlakelady has a spectacular aura aboutlakelady has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: '240' Dead Indonesian Volcano (StrayStars Photo Vacation Commentary of The Region)

StrayStar, thank you for the pictures and commentary.

I'm learning a lot and just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the time and effort you have put into this thread.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:23 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Bard, I was thinking about you when I was attempting to take pic of this statue at 70mph on several trips to & from Manado, the capitol of North Sulawesi island.

It is the largest statue of Christ in Asia, and 3rd largest in the world.
(Reuters) - A Protestant property developer has built what may be Asia's tallest statue of Jesus Christ in a Christian region of predominantly Muslim Indonesia.

Officials and Christian leaders inaugurated the 30-metre (98.4-foot) high statue last week in Manado city, in the mainly Christian province of North Sulawesi.

The white-robed Jesus with upraised hands stands on a 32-metre high hill in a residential estate built by Ciputra, a property company named after its founder.

Ciputra, 76, was recently ranked as one of Indonesia's wealthiest men with a personal fortune estimated at $335 million. An architect by training, he spent his childhood in Manado and has built the statue as a token of gratitude for his success, said Yuliarso Christiono, a company estate design manager.

"He lived a simple life as a child in North Sulawesi and experienced a hard life under Dutch occupation. Now he is successful," Christiono told Reuters.

He said the statue, made of metal fiber and steel, is the tallest in Asia and this had been confirmed by the Indonesian Museum of Records.

The world's tallest is the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro, which stand 39.6 metres tall and is located at the peak of the 700-metre Corcovado mountain overlooking the city. It was named one of the New Seven Wonders of the World last year in a global online poll.
http://in.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-30946720071212

Old 01-08-2011, 09:00 AM
HATER OF EVIL

Trouble has a spectacular aura aboutTrouble has a spectacular aura about

Breathtaking.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:07 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Bard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond repute

StrayStar

Quote:
Bard, I was thinking about you when I was attempting to take pic of this statue at 70mph on several trips to & from Manado, the capitol of North Sulawesi island.

It is the largest statue of Christ in Asia, and 3rd largest in the world.
I am both honored & awed.
Thank you

It is the bulk of a life lived, that defines a man, not merely
a chapter, moment, nor day.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:52 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Bard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond repute

This fascinates me especially in remote areas where machinery often is not there in order to facilitate such a prank, I have always founthese very interesting,

I also find the area itself in many ways a mecca of events leaving one wondering, certainly the ring of fire in itself is a mosaic worthy of wonder.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...st=latestnews#

It is the bulk of a life lived, that defines a man, not merely
a chapter, moment, nor day.

Closed Thread