Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 10-20-2013, 01:43 PM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation The Bard

Friends,

I have the sad duty to inform you - his friends - that The Bard, Rodney Bohen, passed away yesterday morning, at home with his loving sister by his side.

His sister informed me of the sad news last night. I was out late, as well as this morning, and just read my PM's a short while ago.

Rodney has been in poor health for some time now, and his passing is as a result of that illness.

I will share more after I've communicated with his sister.

Meanwhile, this is a sad day in Bardonia as well as the piece of turf here in "Boardieland" - the various boards - he has inhabited with the rest of us for more than a decade.

Last edited by StrayStar; 10-20-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:03 PM
HATER OF EVIL

Trouble has a spectacular aura aboutTrouble has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Bard

I'm lost for words.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:13 PM

ukbb has a spectacular aura aboutukbb has a spectacular aura aboutukbb has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I'm lost for words.
Yeah, me too.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

I'm very sorry to see this. I pray he's in a better place now. Bardonia will never be the same. Thankyou, Stray, for keeping Bardonia intact and for letting us know the sad news.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:28 PM

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Rod has suffered for some years from COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and passed away due to complications.

Black Kitty, or "BK" as he & we called him, was at his at his side along with his sister, who will be caring for BK now that Rodney is gone.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:59 PM

lakelady emailed me (she is still having issues posting) and asked me to convey her condolences...
"Rodney was a good and kind soul and a treasured friend who will be missed. His loss is truly the end of an era in many ways and I don't believe that what's left of the boards will ever be the same.

Please convey my condolences to our Bardonian family and to Rodney's sister. May our beloved Bard rejoice as he is reunited with his beloved Baron and his dear wife. Rest in peace Bard, and thank you for your friendship"
Thank you lakelady. A treasured friend, yes, indeed he was.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:04 PM
HATER OF EVIL

Trouble has a spectacular aura aboutTrouble has a spectacular aura about

http://www.bardscoliseum.com/showthr...dyland+sayings
Old 10-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Elite Member

folies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud of

this is hard to process. so sad, i am going to miss him a lot. i will miss our crazy long phone calls and conversations about everything. we had really different views on so many things and we could always talk about those things.

i was checking in this morning to see if you had posted this yet, stray.

i had a feeling because i spoke with him in the past week and he was not recognizing me like he usually did. a few days before that he said hospice was coming to take care of meals. i was like, "Rod, you used the 'H' word and he was like, "Don't worry it doesn't mean anything." we talked like always, he sounded good.

i heard that alki david is contributing funds to the family...i hope so.

carter is in boot camp, i can't even tell him about this for awhile.

thank you for being my friend and listening to me, Rod, you will be missed badly.

omigod...i am going to miss you terribly, Rod.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:07 PM

So true, Trouble
Old 10-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Elite Member

folies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud of

yes, stray, please send condolences to his sister. i know she was his rock through a lot of hard things.