Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 08-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Elite Member

Omega will become famous soon enough
Default Re: V a c a t i o n !

I love those shirts! The fish fry sounds delicious. I'm sure you're having a great time. It's good to get away and get out of the proverbial rut.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:33 PM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Just checking in. Been on the run since I got here. Yesterday I was going to climb up one of the local volcanos - Mahawu - but it was raining like hell so we aborted that mission.

Friday I made a big leap in becoming a "local". Several of us went over to Lake Tondano. Once we got there I found that the only reason we went was because I had mentioned that I'd like to go back there again haha, so anyways there we were so I decided to see if I coule find my way to an old friend's home that lived in a village named Kakas that was near the south end of the (very big) lake. somehwere on the other side of some really big rice fields. I had stopped there once before 4 years ago briefly to take a pic. My friend who lived there was in the US at the time and had not been home for 14 years. He always said that when he went back home he would just sit back and watch his grandchildren.

And so... I found my way there. Not as easy as you think. First I was going the opposite direction than the way I went 4 years ago - approaching it from a completly different direction. 2nd, if you think there are street signs with street names you are mistaken. Even sometimes at a major fork in the road. And if there is some sort of sign it ain't in english anyhow.

But anyway, to make a long story short, I found his village, I found his home, i found him... guess what he was doing? Sitting out front of his house watching his grandchildren

so... yesterday being Saturday, and today (Aug 17) is independance Day, this weekend there is a big demand for whole roast pigs for various parties & celebrations.

2 of my brother-in-laws and my nephew took me in behind the scenes of a business that supplies them.

Man, if you're into roast pigs, that was the place to be. They are roasting them a dozen at a time by hand on big spits (pipe) hand turned over open fires of wood and coconut shells. I got to take a turn at turning a pair of them. I also got to taste the fruits of my labor right off the fire. Yum!!! (I can see the Bard now... )

Anyhow, when Photobucket finally lets me log into my account I'll see if I can post a pic or 2. Meanwhile, later this morning I will be watching the local Independance Day parade in downtown Tomohon.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:13 PM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

Sounds like you are in hog heaven Stray!
Old 08-17-2014, 06:22 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

Garrrrrr! Yer makin' me hungry, Stray!
Old 08-17-2014, 05:12 PM

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Old 08-18-2014, 06:19 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

Old 08-18-2014, 10:02 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

Yum, the OTHER white meat....PORK!
Old 08-20-2014, 04:41 AM

Well, been pretty busy the last 3 days. Been about 100 miles today alone. 100 HARD miles... you should see some of the roads I was on. Had dinner at a swell place right on Manado bay, but not in Manado. I can't pronounce the place I was at, let alone spell it. But damn! I had 3 different kinds of fish, each better than the one before! And some shrimp a big as my hand.

Anyhow, either tomorrow or the next I will be visiting an illegal gold mine. Even my brother in law can't go with me.

Now to bed.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:48 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Laughing my butt off, Stray! Love the travelogue! Sounds like a good time and we're looking forward to pictures when you can post some!
Old 08-21-2014, 08:35 AM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

Bring home some samples from the Mine....oh, world traveler!