Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 02-02-2015, 01:34 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Snowin' 'n' Blowin'

So far today 10" as of 3:30. Fine granular snow, no sign of it stopping. It looks really deep in the driveway that had been plowed, but hardly looks like anything where the snow blowing took place.

As of 11:30 PM we had another 15" to add to 3 feet on the ground.

Last edited by Calli; 02-02-2015 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:42 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

We got a crapload of new snow yesterday.

I think the total, just judging from around my deck in the corner were we don't get much wind is about 48" total now, give or take an inch or so, over the last week.

I may have been dreaming, but I think the weather channel was talking more for later in the week or weekend.... ??????????
Old 02-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

Oh, yes indeed, Stray....supposedly starting tomorrow night...don't remember how much they guessed was coming. My husband has been out there with the snow blower for about 4 hours. A neighbor came over and helped clear out the approach to the mailbox and made a couple of passes at the end of the drive.

We are getting out through the garage, (which is under the house) two sets of front steps still need to be shoveled. Tomorrow AM will be soon enough for that.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:58 PM

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

I got what looks to be another 8" overnight last night and today.

I hope this is the end for a while, I still have some massive cleanup to do. i cannot get out thru my basement door.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Snowin' 'n' Blowin' ----> & Now: Damn Ice Dams, Dammit

Yes, I now have a serious ice dam issue.

How you makin' out, Cousin?
Old 02-08-2015, 01:34 AM

Today

Snow. Additional snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Highs around 19. Northeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent. Wind chill values as low as zero.

Tonight

Snow
. Additional snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. Lows around 9 above. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent. Wind chill values as low as 8 below after midnight.

Monday

Snow
. Additional snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches. Highs around 16. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent. Wind chill values as low as 8 below in the morning.

Monday Night

Snow in the evening...then snow
showers after midnight. Additional light snow accumulation. Lows around 10 above. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent. Wind chill values as low as 4 below.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:24 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

It's only 58 degrees here right now....much too cold for my taste. But it should get up to 75 later today.

I was just up in the Boston area a couple weeks ago for a funeral. It was 19 degrees and snowing lightly. I've had MY taste of that crap to last me awhile!
Old 02-08-2015, 07:48 AM
Elite Member

Any one have any ideas or helpful thoughts. I just checked and there are icicles hanging from the eaves, to be expected. However, there are icicles under the eaves hanging from the vents in the eaves? HOW can that be....they're supposed to keep the eave area as cold as outside? I am really worried about ice dams...thought the vents would cure the problem. HELP?
Old 02-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

I have no experience with ice dams. My in-laws had that problem a few years back, up near Boston. They paid someone to fix the damage and I never heard any of the gory details.

Do you have ridge vents? I had that installed on our house a few years ago and I had to install vents in the underside of the eaves afterward. I cut holes with a drill and an electric saber saw and installed screened vent fittings. That system allows warm air in the attic to rise up through the ridge vent and draw cooler air in through the eave vents. I can't imagine WHY you would have icicles hanging from that location. Doesn't sound right, though.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:45 PM
Elite Member

Another 16.6 inches of snow....and guess what, another storm is due to hit by Thursday....STOP THE WORLD, I WANNA GET OFF!

According to our local weatherman we've had 71" of snow in 17 days. Our first real storm of the winter wasn't until January 24, that was a wussy 6".