Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 02-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice
Default Re: Snowin' 'n' Blowin' ----> & Now: Damn Ice Dams, Dammit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calli View Post
Another 16.6 inches of snow....and guess what, another storm is due to hit by Thursday....STOP THE WORLD, I WANNA GET OFF!

According to our local weatherman we've had 71" of snow in 17 days. Our first real storm of the winter wasn't until January 24, that was a wussy 6".

Spring's a comin!
Old 02-11-2015, 02:13 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenchbender View Post
It's only 58 degrees here right now....much too cold for my taste. But it should get up to 75 later today.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:56 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

Old 02-14-2015, 02:14 AM

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

That looks pretty cool. I would like to get a good look at the leading edge of it though. My worry about pushing up instead of pulling down is damaging the shingles.

Wonder where I can get one like that...
Old 02-14-2015, 07:07 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

I had the same concern about prying up the shingles and it occurred to me that if you watch the video you'll notice he's leaving a little layer of snow behind still on the roof. I'm thinking you could probably put some wheels or blunt skids on the front of it to raise the leading edge up an inch or so above the shingles.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:46 PM

Yeah, I've been pondering how to work that front end. I'm thinking a ski-like edge would be the way to go.

He makes it look easy, and starting the job from the bottom is better than hoisting the rake all the way up then pulling down...

... but not as easy as paying my brother's son-in-law to rake mine, which is what I'm thinking about for after this storm that is now fast approaching passes. 12 to 18 forecasted for me at the moment.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:17 PM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

We're taking a beating this weekend! Everybody gets their turn I guess!

That old tractor is getting a work out this winter, and doing a fine job
Old 02-15-2015, 09:17 AM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

Good Grief...another 15 to 18" and the wind has started howling, just like they promised. Our little dog is slogging through filled in trails...just snow blown clear yesterday. She hates the wind so maybe she won't mind not being able to see her world. Deep freeze, high winds "WHO COULD ASK FOR ANYTHING MORE?"

How's your area Stray and Nog? Roof holding up, icicles to the ground from the eaves....can you get to your wood pile Nog? How about your cat,Stray...staying in or wanting out no matter what?
Old 02-15-2015, 09:25 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

What about ME? It's a grueling 64 degrees here today! It should climb up to 71 later today....fingers crossed.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:33 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

Wrench, do you watch CSI, Agent Gibbs has a habit of smacking the back of his agents heads when they get wise acre on him. Consider the back of your haid smacked!