Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 06-13-2015, 07:28 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all
Default On the move

Been workin' a new job the past couple weeks. Spent a week bendin' wrenches again.

Now I'm in Nashville going to a three week school. This is the view from my room at the Holiday Hovel.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:07 PM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: On the move

Thanks for the pics, Wrench.

My ex-wife went to some aircraft maint. school in Nashville, I think, back late 80's early 90's. She went to several over a period of a couple years, so I forget exactly, but I'm pretty sure Nashville was one.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:55 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

Nashville isn't a bad place. Findin' some decent food to eat here. I had some good shrimp and grits last night. It had some Andouille sausage, bacon, mushrooms and a Creole sauce that was really nice.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:15 PM

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Bet you can find some good beer there
Old 06-17-2015, 03:57 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

As a matter of fact, they DO have some decent looking local brews on tap. I've been sippin' whiskey.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:27 PM
Elite Member

folies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud of

my daughter did a school break in Nashville. she has volunteered for Habit for Humanity and child oriented social programs on most of her breaks.

her senior year she finally did the drink and party spring break but up until that one it has always been traveling to volunteer.

one of the assignments was in Nashville. she said she had fun hanging out in the town after the daytime work hours were over.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:59 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Nashville has a bunch of people running for the mayor's office and they're campaigning on TV. They're all running nice ads touting their own ambitions. In Texas, I'm too used to seeing negative political ads....everyone accusing everyone else of being incompetent blatherskites or scrofulous reprobates who enjoy, just a little too much, hanging out around school yards in windowless vans.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:54 AM

Quote:

seeing negative political ads....everyone accusing everyone else of being incompetent blatherskites or scrofulous reprobates
When I see local politicians around here engaging in this, I just think about the old adage, "it takes one to know one". Most of these people are cut from the same cloth, and use these tactics to cover the fact that they have few original thoughts of merit of their own.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:37 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

I rode the shuttle bus from the hovel into downtown Nashville and hobbled around a little bit.

They have a riverboat here. Passing beneath a huge pedestrian bridge when I snapped this.

I snapped this one hobblin' back to the downtown area.

I had some German food here. Sauerbraten with red cabbage and spaetzle....washed down with a couple of excellent dark German biers.

Downtown Nashville is basically a giant pub crawl. There is live music spilling out from most all of the bars. I ducked into the Whiskey Bent Saloon and sipped some Jack Daniels and listened to some topnotch country singing.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:25 PM
Elite Member

folies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud offolies bergere has much to be proud of

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Downtown Nashville is basically a giant pub crawl. There is live music spilling out from most all of the bars.
this explains a lot about why Beth had soooo much fun in Nashville!

she's 21...i have had minimal head aches...

c'est la vie!

wrench - how is the school related to new job?