Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 07-22-2015, 02:04 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all
Default Re: On the move

I came across this odd sight on Lake Calhoun.

And this more conventional view of Minneapolis.

Mebbe that first one is a catfish...?
Old 07-22-2015, 05:18 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

Stray, if you ever want to make a day trip head on down to Lowell, Ma. We've visited their Trolley museum and got a ride on one. It was a fun time. In case you don't get out to Minneapolis, that is!
http://www.trolleymuseum.org/lowell/

Wrench, that looks more like a DOG fish to me! A long necked DAWG~
How is it you alway seem to surround yourself with water? Are you a Pisces (or do you prefer not to talk religion?) LOL!
Old 07-24-2015, 07:10 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

I grew up a water rat on Lake Erie. In the warm months I'd spend most every day sailing and swimming. I just gravitate towards water, I guess.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:08 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

There's a section of Nicolette Avenue between the K-Mart and downtown Minneapolis that the locals call "Eat Street" because it's full of interesting restaurants. Quang is a popular Vietnamese place. We tried going there last week but we went at noon and couldn't park within a mile of the place. So I went back today by myself and got there shortly before they opened at 11. Once they opened the place filled up fast, but I slid in easily and got a table. I think I need to go back again!

I don't remember the Vietnamese name for this dish. It came with beef and pork and round noodles and it was delightfully spicy.

Last time the missus was up here we had a rental car and we drove around looking for the Minnesota Zoo. We had a map that had wrong information on it and we never did find the zoo. I went for a little ride south outa town today and easily found the zoo coming from a different direction. So next time the missus is up and if she wants to go to the zoo I know where it is now. I didn't pay the 18 bucks admission plus 7 bucks for parking just to go in and wander around. I strongly suspected they didn't have recipe placards with the exhibits.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:56 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

I got outa work yesterday and stopped by the food concession stand on Lake Nokomis.
I tried "The Dog Flicker" and loved it.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:08 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Went for a little ride in the country and found our way to the pretty little town of Northfield, Minnesota.
Feelin' kinda peckish we saw this little pub and ventured inside lookin' for food.
This place is called Froggy Bottoms. It sits on the Cannon River. I had a burger loaded with German red cabbage. Good stuff!

Sitting outside on their patio overlooking the river, I enjoyed a cold hard cider.

Yesterday we visited the Minneapolis Institute of Art. Huge and awe inspiring place!

From inside the art museum, a view of the Minneapolis skyline.

The museum has this old Syrian fresco and when I saw it I veered over to look at it closer. The missus made a fresco for her dad and this reminded me of hers. Same colors and style.

Got some errands to run today, so I'll be out and about. Slowly learning my way around the city.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:11 AM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

Great photos Wrench!
Old 08-01-2015, 03:16 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Enjoying the photos and commentary Wrench.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:31 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

The missus is in Minneapolis for a few days before headin' off to Boston. We went for a ride out to Lake Harriet yesterday. This rose garden is on Lake Harriet.

She snapped some pix of the flowers there.

This was just outside the rose garden, sittin' on a bench in the shade.

We went to the Como-Harriet Streetcar Museum and rode on this 1915 streetcar from Lake Harriet to Lake Calhoun and back.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:35 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Took the missus for a ride in the country yesterday and headed down to Northfield. It's about a 45 minute drive for us. She loved the little town with its art galleries and interesting shops and bars. We walked around town looking at things, then moseyed across the river to Froggy Bottoms for a nosh and a cold one. I snapped this picture with my cell phone while walking across the bridge. You can see Froggy Bottoms' outdoor patio just over the river with the umbrellas. We sat on that patio.