Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 02-24-2016, 05:41 PM

ukbb has a spectacular aura aboutukbb has a spectacular aura aboutukbb has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Random photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenchbender View Post
Nice shot UKBB! Where is that at? It reminds me of a beach I was on in Jamaica a buncha years ago.
Heck if I know, I just wanted a beach shot to counter all the snow pictures and that's the best I found on google.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:32 AM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

Beautiful photo Stray.

I have to ask, do they colour the gravel to match the house?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayStar View Post
Here is a pic of a farm over in Woodstock, Vermont, that I have been trying for years to get a good winter pic to go with the spring, summer and fall pics I have taken over the last 10 years.

Took this the other day while driving about with my sister, playing hooky from work.

There is not enough snow to have got the picture I am looking for, and not a very sunny day to boot. So I still need a winter pic. Sometime I'll dig out my other season pics, but at the moment they are on the drive of a dead PC.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:07 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Actually they probably paint the house to match the gravel.

This farm is on a gravel road, of which there are 100's of miles of them in Vermont. The material you see on the driveway is the same material the road is made of. These gravel roads are super smooth, you think you are on pavement.

BTW, NG, this farm happens to belong to Joe Perry of Aerosmith.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:14 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

We have a liquor store in Minneapolis called Total Wine. Neat place. Big selection and cheaper than anyone else. While exploring the craft beers I had to snap a picture of this one.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:07 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

I hear angels singing!
Old 03-09-2016, 02:53 AM

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Old 03-10-2016, 09:33 PM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

Old 10-08-2016, 03:39 PM
StrayStar
This message has been deleted by StrayStar.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:50 PM

Finally got to get out with my new lens. This is a swamp not far from here.

Old 10-08-2016, 04:26 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

Beautiful shot, Stray! My brother has been a bit of an amateur photographer for a buncha years now and he's getting really good with it. He has some "app" that he uses sometimes whereby he takes three shots in rapid succession with different aperture or speed settings.....then a program blends them together somehow and it makes shadows and bright areas meld together into a finished product. I'm not recalling the name of this program, but maybe you're familiar with it...?
Old 10-08-2016, 05:23 PM

The process is called HDR (for High Dynamic Range). There are a number of apps available to do it.

I have an app for it but I've not done much with it as yet. Sometime in the near future when I get some time to sit down and get into it. I have some photos I took in the spring in VT just for processing with it, but I've spent what little time I've had learning how to do a couple of things, making panoramas for one, which I've posted a few, and star trails which I've not posted yet waiting for better results.

But I am soon going to tackle HDR now that I have this new lens, which is great for landscapes.