Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 04-29-2016, 03:53 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Spring has sprung

Wow... a balmy 35 deg this morning... a heat wave!
Old 04-29-2016, 05:49 AM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

My buddy in Vermont got a good 6" of heavey wet snow on April 25.
We have pansies blooming on the front steps....have had to take them in
three nights in a row...down to 28 degrees.

You enjoy your 35 for now and let's break out and have some REAL SPRING
Days.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:23 AM

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

35 will probably look good in another month or so.

Regardless of the freezing nights and cool days, and my pissing and moaning, we have a lot blooming around here.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:15 AM

Another frost this morning, 30 degrees at 4 am when I went out.

Only reason I'm bitching today is I bought some stain for my kitchen steps and washed the hell out of them last night and now I want them to dry before Sunday... and overnight I've decided to change the color on the railings as well and need to get back out and wash them good this morning, but don't relish doing it in the cold.

Them steps have had me pissed off for 3 years now, want to get this project behind me.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:27 AM

Well, just before my steps dried enough... down came the rain. Drizzle since yesterday morning into this morning.

Looks like a couple days dry weather is needed before i can get at them.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:10 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

Stay, two springs ago it took DH and me over two months, because of rain, to complete staining the deck. I kept track and we actually only took 8 hours to complete it. It would have been a lot shorter time if we could have just completed it in one day.
We're getting rain every day this week according to the forecast. Saving me a bunch of $$ as I have a couple of transplanted trees that I don't have to keep watering. Yea for me.
Soon enough warm, sunny weather, mowing will be fun for you with your new toy! No so much for us.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:54 AM

50 deg. at 6 this morning, rained during the night. If no rain for next 48 hours maybe i can stain the steps Sunday afternoon.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:54 PM
Elite Member

Six days and six nights of rain! Getting the animals two by two and building an ark! More rain tomorrow.....oh joy!
Old 05-07-2016, 09:30 PM
Elite Member

Make that 7 days and 7 nights of rain. There have been breaks during the day on some days, but we don't dare inhale too deeply for fear of drowning. Also, there is the BIG FEAR of TERMINAL MILDEW!
Damn, I hope the sun'll comes out tomorrow!
Old 05-09-2016, 03:07 PM

It hasn't rained since 3am this morning... and the sun is out.