Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 05-11-2016, 08:16 AM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Spring has sprung

Happy Days, we had sun yesterday and today. Warm weather, flowering shrubs and trees are popping. It looks great in the neighborhood! I love this kind of spring weather. There'll be a bouquet of Lilacs on the table by noon!
Old 05-12-2016, 08:15 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

My trees have not leafed out yet, let alone lilacs blooming!

However... last night I was able to get a start on my steps

Hope to finish tonight - at least my wife is hoping I will
Old 05-12-2016, 05:59 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

It's like summer here in Texas. I wore a heavy jacket from Minnie when I came home. Back to Minnie tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:59 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

So, are the steps done? Don't make me come up there, Cuz!!!

Beautiful SUMMER like day...love it!
Old 05-14-2016, 05:09 PM

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

As of 1 hour ago... they are done!

Took all the motivation I could muster to get into it today.

Went to visit my daughter in Ridgeview CT yesterday, took my brother with me and we took the longggggg way. Was going down I-495 and suddenly decided to turn off on RT 2. Drove it all the way to Petersburg NY and then south on NY22 for a while then onto the Taconic Pkwy to I-84 then to daughter's 5 min off exit 3 in CT) for a couple hours then up RT 7 nd eventually Mass Pike just west of Springfield and then home at 11 pm last night. 608 miles.

I'm bushed...

... but the stepes are DONE
Old 05-14-2016, 09:16 PM
Elite Member

You're da man!
Old 05-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

I went for a hobble around Lake Nokomis today. The food concession is open and the beach was packed.

Someone spent the afternoon sailing.

Hobblin' the trail on Lake Nokomis.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:37 AM

Old 05-24-2016, 07:01 AM

A sure sign of spring...

... over the winter a tree came down in my yard. It's kinda out of my way, that is I could ignore the area on my 1st mowing

My chainsaw was giving me trouble last summer, and since at the time I didn't need to cut anything more, I, well, I ignored it.

So, Sunday, needing to mow that section of my lawn, and not being able to come up with a lame excuse to wait longer, I tackled the problem with my chainsaw. As fate would have it, I fixed it in rather short order

Here's where things fell apart... remember the old saying, "bite off more than I can chew"? Well, instead of marching right up to that tree laying there and commencing cutting it up, I swerved over to another tree, still standing, that has been bugging me for a year or so, and proceeded to cut it down.

So, now I have 2 trees laying there (the new one didn't look so big until it was laying across my lawn). I started cutting them up, new one first (it was laying across the "old" one.

Well, I got the new one pretty well cut up and ran out of gas. Both the saw and myself. I had gas, but none mixed for the saw, and no 2-cycle oil (I think my brother "borrowed" it last fall).

So off to Home Depot to buy oil.

Well, you know, by the time I got back with the oil I had spent more time at this project then I would have if I had just marched over to that tree that's been down since winter, cut it up and moved & stacked the wood. And I was bushed, the day was ending, so I quit for the day.

So, now, here I am, it's Tuesday, I'm at work, and the original tree is still there, plus the new tree (cut up). And my grass is growing.

I have more work ahead of me then when I started, 'cept now my wife is putting the pressure on, she has 2 get togethers planned for the yard in June and she wants no sign of them trees, and the grass ready to go.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:50 AM
Elite Member

That is one of the most mind bending saga's you've told in quite a while. Pretty darned funny, seeing as how I don't have to cut or stack all that wood.

Two things came to mind: Lake Woebegone, where women are strong, men are handsome and children are above average! Thank you Garrison Keeler!

And some of the stuff from Bert & I...those stolid down Mainers....without the sound effects. Eh yuh!

No wonder Road Crews feel they must put up signs saying "Men Working" It really is one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern world. You MEN spend more time thinking about the job and ways to get out of it than the effort it would take to JUST DO IT!! Gotta love ya & I do!

More, more, we want more stories!!