Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 08-07-2016, 02:37 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold
Default Wrench where are you....?

Are you in Minnie or Texas? Are you okay? It's been a while since we've heard from you......

We need more foodie information... PICTURES, PICTURES
Old 08-09-2016, 07:17 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wrench where are you....?

Come out, come out wherever you are....
Old 08-09-2016, 09:04 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

Been busy working OT at the pain palace. Hoping to get to Ohio tomorrow to visit family and maybe do some sailing. Been a quiet summer for me...been too long since I've been home! It's also been too quiet in Bardonia!
Old 08-09-2016, 12:02 PM

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Good to see you, Wrench

Man, this summer has just been moving along too fast, ain't it? August 8 and as far as things I wanted/need to do, I'm up to about July 4 on my schedule. I too was caught in the OT trap in July.

Skipped work & went up Mt Washington on Friday. Usually I have that particular annual trip done by early July.

Headed for Ridgefield CT this saturday to visit daugher & family. My son-in-law has promised to grill me the best steak i ever ate...
Old 08-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

We are still in scorched earth mode. We have to water our veggies and potted outdoor plants EVERY DAY due to the heat. I've lost a beautiful Japanese red maple...we can only water two days a week, specific hours, hand held hose. I cannot stand out in that 90+ degree heat & humidity long enough to make a difference.

Found out my roof needs to be replaced due to ice dams, hail and heavy winds. It's only 15 years old and the Insurance Adjuster came up with a figure that is $4000 less than the best quote I have. B.S. looks like I might hire a Public Adjuster....if he wins you know what that will do to my premium. I already pay too much annually.

We had a visit from our recently relocated Houston family, they now live in Georgia...very brief, but fun. My niece drove her Air Stream up to Bar Harbor and then did a stint in Boston. Watched the Red Sox shut out Cleveland (I think) They left the 26" trailer in our yard...you can't really navigate the streets of Boston with that in tow.

I am enjoying the Olympics...never watched Rugby before...I certainly was surprised when two team mates lifted a third straight up to intercept a pass to the opposing team. No protective gear, but they tackle, wrestle, hang on to shirts and shorts to bring the opponent down. Down right UN-CIVILIZED!!

MORE & MORE GOP HARDLINERS are NOT voting for trump...Hillary wins by default........
Old 08-09-2016, 03:29 PM

26' Air Stream left in your yard? You lucky gal! Hook onto it and go north until fall. I like Air Streams.

forecast for high temps Thursday, as if it hasn't been hot enough.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:36 AM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calli View Post

Found out my roof needs to be replaced due to ice dams, hail and heavy winds. It's only 15 years old and the Insurance Adjuster came up with a figure that is $4000 less than the best quote I have. B.S. looks like I might hire a Public Adjuster....if he wins you know what that will do to my premium. I already pay too much annually.
You may want to consider metal. The best decision I ever made, a metal roof. Not that expensive metal tile stuff either, just good old corrugated metal, painted and treated of course, looks great! Wasn't that much more money either.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:37 AM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice

I'm putting in a new kitchen this week for my Bride.

She has been very patient, living with our old, dilapidated country kitchen since 1992. She deserves a medal.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noguru View Post
You may want to consider metal. The best decision I ever made, a metal roof. Not that expensive metal tile stuff either, just good old corrugated metal, painted and treated of course, looks great! Wasn't that much more money either.
I'm going to need a new roof soon and I am going metal.

Need a new kitchen as well, but that may wait for retirement.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:27 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

Our local lawn nazis won't allow metal roofs.