Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > Main Category > Gladiator Arena

Old 08-17-2016, 09:56 AM
'Bardonia's Administrator

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold
Smile " Dear Rodney... "

Something I'd though I'd share with you loyal Bardonians...

It's been about 5 years since the Bard and I started proceedings to turn this board over to me. As his health was up and down for some time before his passing, one of the 1st things we did was switch over the financial stuff so not to have the site go down if he was in the hospital or otherwise unable to make quarterly payments to our hosting co., or worse... let the domain name slip.

So basically it was the 1st thing we did.

Everything we did to change this site over to me, the financials and eventually ownership, etc. went very smoothly. HOWEVER, one thing we could never get changed was the name that goes out on automated emails & invoices. We tried via email, via customer support, by every means at our disposal to get it changed to my name. To no avail.

So, several times a year I get emails from our web host and it's always addressed to Rodney.

"Dear Rodney Bohen,

The domain(s) listed below are going to expire in 45 days. Renew now before it's too late...

bardscoliseum.com"

" Dear Rodney,

This email is to confirm that your domain renewal for bardscoliseum.com has been successful. Below is a summary of your order:

Domain: bardscoliseum.com
Renewal Length: 1 Year/s "
I, of course, don't care much about it since everything seems to work fine in every other way. Even if I call them they know my name, that I'm me and Rodney is the former owner. LOL

Just brings back memories of his last year or so, when we were trying to tie all this stuff up, whenever I get a "Dear Rodney" email.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:57 AM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: " Dear Rodney... "

That is so strange that the name couldn't be changed, yet it is also poignant and heart warming.

Thanks, Rodney Bohen/Bard and STRAY STAR!
Old 08-20-2016, 06:49 PM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

Rodney Bohen lives on. A toast to The Bard!
Old 08-21-2016, 12:31 PM

StrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to beholdStrayStar is a splendid one to behold

Old 08-26-2016, 11:07 AM
Elite Member

lakelady has a spectacular aura aboutlakelady has a spectacular aura aboutlakelady has a spectacular aura about

Old 08-27-2016, 03:53 AM

Good to see ya, lakelady
Old 08-28-2016, 08:52 PM
Elite Member

Noguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really niceNoguru is just really nice